From: Oliver Neukum on
Am Samstag, 15. Mai 2010 23:40:02 schrieb Alessio Igor Bogani:
> The eos semaphore is used as a mutex so replace it with a real mutex.

Documentation/mutex-design.txt states that a mutex must not be used
from within an interrupt handler. Is this outdated?

Regards
Oliver
From: Alessio Igor Bogani on
Hi Oliver,

2010/5/15 Oliver Neukum <oliver(a)neukum.org>:
> Am Samstag, 15. Mai 2010 23:40:02 schrieb Alessio Igor Bogani:
>> The eos semaphore is used as a mutex so replace it with a real mutex.
>
> Documentation/mutex-design.txt states that a mutex must not be used
> from within an interrupt handler. Is this outdated?

You are right. Simply I didn't see irqreturn_t return type in function
prototype.

Sorry for my mistake.

Ciao,
Alessio
From: Arjan van de Ven on
On Sun, 16 May 2010 00:08:30 +0200
Alessio Igor Bogani <abogani(a)texware.it> wrote:

> Hi Oliver,
>
> 2010/5/15 Oliver Neukum <oliver(a)neukum.org>:
> > Am Samstag, 15. Mai 2010 23:40:02 schrieb Alessio Igor Bogani:
> >> The eos semaphore is used as a mutex so replace it with a real
> >> mutex.
> >
> > Documentation/mutex-design.txt states that a mutex must not be used
> > from within an interrupt handler. Is this outdated?
>
> You are right. Simply I didn't see irqreturn_t return type in function
> prototype.
>
> Sorry for my mistake.

you might want to convert it to a completion....
that sounds more the usage model that the driver here is doing

visit http://www.lesswatts.org