From: Dotan Cohen on
On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 20:07, tedd <tedd.sperling(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Forget modems or other such outside access -- everything would be done
> internally with computers and users being physically located within the
> office's physical location.
>
> So, could a server be set up in an office that would run web-languages such
> that users in the office could access their server and run scripts using
> browsers?

Just connect them to a router and don't connect the router to the WAN.
Each machine will get it's own IP address (assuming that the router is
running a DHCP server).

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com
From: Steve Staples on
Wow... this thread SURE went WAY off my original topic...

All I was looking for, was a "webserver" that would serve "PHP" pages,
that was not "installed" on the machine. Now, if the machine was *nix
or Windose, it didn't matter.

I know in Python, you just have to install python, and then you can use
Cherrypy (but i dont know python, nor do i want to create the app i am
creating with a language i dont full know/understand).

Anyway, I spent a bit of time on the interwebs this weekend, and after
trying just about every one i could find, I am just going to go with
XAMPP, and remove all the stuff i dont need, and trim some fat, and
remove all the hard links to the /opt/lampp directory in linux, and
figure out what it is in windose later...

anyway, thanks for all the ideas.

Steve.

From: Bostjan Skufca on
I would recommend using nanoserv, it looks more mature.

But personally I use my own, which I have developed because I wanted to know
how to do it. And because I needed it to do some specific tasks on linux
servers which I did not want to mix with apache configuration etc. Here:
http://github.com/bostjan/PHP-application-server

b.