From: Greg Russell on
"rogeepete" <arebarr(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Has migrated to top left of screen, along with task bar.
> How to get it back to lower left, please

The "Drag 'n' Drop" metaphor has apparently become so ubiquitous that people
don't even realize they're using it anymore.

From: Greg Russell on
"Stubbo of Oz" <stubbo(a)invalid.invalid> wrote in message

> If it won't move, right click on a vacant space on the taskbar and
> untick "Lock the taskbar". When it is back where you want it, retick
> "Lock the taskbar".

So you really believe the OP is sufficiemtly moronic to have originally
dragged the taskbar to the left side and locked it without knowing anything
about it? Or do you really believe that the O$ is sufficiently moronic to
do that for the OP?

You might be right; who knows? It's got to be one or the other, though.

From: Ken Blake, MVP on
On Sun, 23 May 2010 19:41:01 -0700, rogeepete <arebarr(a)yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Has migrated to top left of screen, along with task bar.
>
> How to get it back to lower left, please

Although by default the task bar appears on the bottom of the screen,
it can be on any of the sides you prefer it on. To move it from any
side to another, simply click on an unused part of it and drag it
where you want it. Be sure to click *within* it, not on the edge;
clicking on the edge and dragging will resize it, not move it.

If it won't move, it may be locked. In that case, right click on it
and uncheck "Lock the taskbar," then try again.

By the way, with today's wide-screen monitors, I prefer the task bar
on the left or right side of the screen. I think that makes a better
use of screen real estate than having it at the bottom.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup