From: David on
By the way, on the same subject, is there any chance of changing the time
interval of when the boot optimization occurs? Or is it set in stone @ 10
mins idle? Reason why I'm asking is, as far as I know, perfect disk uses
windows ini to defrag boot and only recognizes the files as boot files after
windows starts the optimization. So, just curious about how to manually
start it or decrease that timer. Actually juse need a one time run on it..

Oh, almost forgot, this is on Windows 7 x64 incase it matters.
From: Tim Meddick on
Don't think this is possible using the Defrag BOOTOPTIMIZE registry key.

However, I will look into it further, so keep watching this space.

In the mean time, you could create a new Task Scheduler item set to execute
and set it for an idle timeout of your choosing and for it's command, write
in :

Rundll32.exe advapi32.dll,ProcessIdleTasks

....this will start all the PC's "idle tasks", including defrag
optimization, at the timeout you specify.

==

Cheers, Tim Meddick, Peckham, London. :-)