From: Greg Russell on
In news:#v$W4WVLLHA.5680(a)TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl,
PA Bear [MS MVP] <PABearMVP(a)gmail.com> typed:

> WinXP General is the only NG I'm still monitoring but it'll be
> dropped from the MS newsserver by October 1st, too.

.... so get a *real* newsserver such as http://individual.net that can be
accessed from any NNTP client such as OE.

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Greg Russell wrote:
>> WinXP General is the only NG I'm still monitoring but it'll be
>> dropped from the MS newsserver by October 1st, too.
>
> ... so get a *real* newsserver such as http://individual.net that can be
> accessed from any NNTP client such as OE.

I didn't say I'd not be able to access the NG, did I?

No, thanks, too much spam once the MS filters are no longer present.
From: Greg Russell on
In news:#IjraBZLLHA.5668(a)TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl,
PA Bear [MS MVP] <PABearMVP(a)gmail.com> typed:

>>> WinXP General is the only NG I'm still monitoring but it'll be
>>> dropped from the MS newsserver by October 1st, too.
>>
>> ... so get a *real* newsserver such as http://individual.net that
>> can be accessed from any NNTP client such as OE.
>
> I didn't say I'd not be able to access the NG, did I?
>
> No, thanks, too much spam once the MS filters are no longer present.

Message -> Block Sender works for everybody else in OE; why aren't you able
to use it?

Or get a *real* newsreader such as http://pan.rebelbase.com/download/ which
allows relative scoring for fine-grained filtering according to your own
criteria.