From: jmorton123 on
I did a brief search and found that there are many many steganography
apps. availabel on the net.

I came across this modest article addressing the threat steganography
might pose:
http://www.infosectoday.com/Articles/digitalstego.htm

I have concluded that there can be no better steganography program
than the one available at http://www.kingkonglomerate.com/downloads.html

It does what it is supposed to do, does it perfectly, and contains
instructions where the user can prove that this is the case: LSB
embedding, random byte selection, ease of use, and particularly, it
only embeds in image data bytes and not into the header or padding
bytes.

In the article the author doesn't mention the random selection of
bytes where the LSB's are manipluated or the fact that about half of
the original LSB's are not altered at all.

The author does mention that the embedded information could be
encrypted before it is embedded. And I thought it interesting that it
is mentioned that, in effect, a stand-alone program is more difficult
to confront than a typically installed Windows app is. Furthermore,
such a program is able to be run from a thumb drive and need not even
be copied onto a system hard drive.

Feel free to redistribute KingKonglomerate's Bitmap Steganography.
It's okay with minimal provisos mentioned in the License Agreement.

JM
From: Mok-Kong Shen on
jmorton123 wrote:
[snip]
> In the article the author doesn't mention the random selection of
> bytes where the LSB's are manipluated or the fact that about half of
> the original LSB's are not altered at all.

A user will anyway have more confidence in (the bugfreeness and
security of) the software, if he could (arbitrarily) specify where the
stego bits are to be embedded, IMHO.

M. K. Shen