From: "Jan G.B." on
2010/3/30 Alex Major <php(a)allydm.co.uk>

> Surely if it's not suitable for your situation, it's not the best? :)
>
> Mantis is what I'd recommend and believe has already been recommend to you.
> Runs using PHP and MySQL, it's flexible for public or private projects,
> multiple projects etc.
>
> I do agree with you that Bugzilla seems heavy, I know it has its supporters
> but I've always found it to be overkill for the projects I've worked on.
>
> Alex.

Well. I'm not a fan of mantis. Mantis has some annoying bugs and the
codebase seems weird.
It basically works, but that is all about it.

I quote http://sqlite.org/about.html :

> SQLite is a software library that implements a self-contained,serverless, zero-configuration, transactional SQL database engine.
> Unlike most other SQL databases, SQLite does not have a separate server process. SQLite reads and writes directly to ordinary disk files. A complete SQL database with multiple tables, indices, triggers, and views, is contained in a single disk file.

So you don't need "access" to such a database.

Regards
From: Yousif Masoud on
On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 2:13 PM, Andre Polykanine <andre(a)oire.org> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> The best of all suggested bugtrackers is JotBug, on my opinion. But it
> works only with SQLite databases, and I have no access to such one
> (only MySql).
> Any solutions?

[...]

I use Eventum. So far, so good.

http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/other/eventum/

Works fine with Maria DB too.
From: Bastien Koert on
On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 1:11 PM, Yousif Masoud <yousif.masoud(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 2:13 PM, Andre Polykanine <andre(a)oire.org> wrote:
>
>> Hello everyone,
>> The best of all suggested bugtrackers is JotBug, on my opinion. But it
>> works only with SQLite databases, and I have no access to such one
>> (only MySql).
>> Any solutions?
>>
> [...]
>
> I use Eventum.  So far, so good.
>
> http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/other/eventum/
>
> Works fine with Maria DB too.

http://ca.php.net/manual/en/sqlite.requirements.php shows that sqlite
is a part of php as of version 5

--

Bastien

Cat, the other other white meat
From: Shawn McKenzie on
Andre Polykanine wrote:
> Hello Jan,
>
> And what do you use then?)

If you're able to, you enable the sqllite extension in your php.ini and
then you create your database as a flat file. The installer for the bug
tracker would probably do that for you.

--
Thanks!
-Shawn
From: Jorge Gomes on
What about flyspray?

http://flyspray.org/

Demo: http://flyspray.org/demo

They use it for tracking the bugs of their software (obviously):
http://bugs.flyspray.org/

They have bad documentation but I tested the software and seems to be fine.
They are slowly working in the final 1.0 version.

Rewards
Jorge Gomes