From: Dave Peterson on
Nothing.

Jacob posted this to the wrong message.

--

Dave Peterson
From: Jim Thomlinson on
There is no way to stop people from copying a workbook. Copying of files is
handled by your operating system. The XL file has no say in whether it gets
copied or not. Even if the copy was made by doing a save as in XL it is your
operating system that is ultimately doing the copy.

I am with Dave on this one. If you need to share information among many
users concurrently then XL is not a great choice. Databases are designed for
concurrent access.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

From: bala_vb on

Deborah;951267 Wrote:
> Is this possible (Excel 2002)
>
> We have a workbook in a shared folder which many need to have access to
>
> update the info in it. Problem is there are now 3 versions as
> obviously
> someone has created a copy and entered info in that one and not the
> original
> - there are 15 sheets in each one and now I have the horrible job of
> trying
> to work out which sheets in each are most up to date and merge them
> back into
> one - GRRR!

I would like to recommend a software tool that helps you to compare the
spreadsheets. This is going to be some manual task also

try this link
http://www.formulasoft.com/download.html
-> download Excel compare.

--