From: Joe User on
I format a cell as Scientific with some number of decimal places. I enter
an NPV formula. The cell format is changed to Currency. I change the
format to Scientific again. I press F2, the Enter. The cell format reverts
to Currency.

Is there an option or Registry setting that will stop Excel from changing a
cell format, especially a non-General format?

I am using Excel 2003 SP3 (US).

From: Niek Otten on
Hi Joe,

One way: wrap your formula in a VALUE function
=VALUE(YourFormula)

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten