From: someone on
I wonder if this problem is similar to that of +Bob+:

Three years ago I bought a new computer and went from Win 98SE to Win XP
SP 2 Home. A friend who was emigrating gave me his old CRT Flatron 795
FT Plus LG monitor, which was bigger and better than the one I had, so I
simply
plugged it in and it has been fine with no problems at all.

A couple of days ago I began to get a message on startup from the Found
New Hardware Wizard saying "Cannot Install this Hardware - there was a
problem installing...Monitor. An error occurred, the driver cannot be
installed because it is either not digitally signed or not signed in the
appropriate manner. Contact your hardware vendor."

I checked the Monitor Properties in Device Manager and sure enough there is
a yellow ! mark beside the monitor. The message says "the drivers for this
device are not installed (Code 28)". I don't recall seeing this yellow ! in
the past, which I would have noticed when checking my system properties.

The monitor works fine, so what is this all about? Should I be worried? Is
there anything I should do?

Thanks for any help.

someone

From: Jose on
On May 17, 5:42 pm, "someone" <some...(a)flibbernet.com> wrote:
> I wonder if this problem is similar to that of +Bob+:
>
> Three years ago I bought a new computer and went from Win 98SE to Win XP
> SP 2 Home.  A friend who was emigrating gave me his old CRT Flatron 795
> FT Plus LG monitor, which was bigger and better than the one I had, so I
> simply
> plugged it in and it has been fine with no problems at all.
>
> A couple of days ago I began to get a message on startup from the Found
> New Hardware Wizard saying "Cannot Install this Hardware - there was a
> problem installing...Monitor.  An error occurred, the driver cannot be
> installed because it is either not digitally signed or not signed in the
> appropriate manner.  Contact your hardware vendor."
>
> I checked the Monitor Properties in Device Manager and sure enough there is
> a yellow ! mark beside the monitor.  The message says "the drivers for this
> device are not installed (Code 28)". I don't recall seeing this yellow ! in
> the past, which I would have noticed when checking my system properties.
>
> The monitor works fine, so what is this all about?  Should I be worried?  Is
> there anything I should do?
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> someone

Maybe not worried, but it would be most annoying.

Please provide additional information about your system and your
current video configuration as far as what XP thinks:

Click Start, Run and in the box enter:

msinfo32

Click OK, and when the System Summary info appears, click Edit, Select
All, Copy and then paste the information back here.

There will be some personal information (like System Name and User
Name), and whatever appears to be private information to you, just
delete it from the pasted information.

For video information, expand the Components, click Display, click
Edit, Select All, Copy and then paste the information here.

This will minimize back and forth Q&A and eliminate guesswork.
From: someone on

"Jose" <jose_ease(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
On May 17, 5:42 pm, "someone" <some...(a)flibbernet.com> wrote:
> I wonder if this problem is similar to that of +Bob+:
>
> snip <

Maybe not worried, but it would be most annoying.

Please provide additional information about your system and your
current video configuration as far as what XP thinks:

Click Start, Run and in the box enter:

msinfo32

> snip <

...and then paste the information here.

This will minimize back and forth Q&A and eliminate guesswork.

Hello, here is the info re my PC:

SYSTEM SUMMARY
OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name private
System Manufacturer System manufacturer-custom built
System Model System Product Name
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 6 GenuineIntel ~1866 Mhz
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 6 GenuineIntel ~1866 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 0202, 04/01/2007
SMBIOS Version 2.3
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United Kingdom
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.2180
(xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)"
User Name private
Time Zone GMT Daylight Time
Total Physical Memory 2,048.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 1.43 GB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 3.79 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
COMPONENTS - DISPLAY
Name VIA/S3G UniChrome Pro IGP
PNP Device ID PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3343&SUBSYS_81B51043&REV_02\4&354AEA31&0&0008
Adapter Type VIA/S3G UniChrome Pro IGP, VIA/S3G compatible
Adapter Description VIA/S3G UniChrome Pro IGP
Adapter RAM 64.00 MB (67,108,864 bytes)
Installed Drivers vtdisp.dll
Driver Version 6.14.10.0343-16.94.52.05
INF File oem6.inf (viagfx_3327 section)
Color Planes 1
Color Table Entries 4294967296
Resolution 1024 x 768 x 60 hertz
Bits/Pixel 32
Memory Address 0xC0000000-0xDFFFFFFF
Memory Address 0xFA000000-0xFBEFFFFF
IRQ Channel IRQ 16
Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFF
I/O Port 0x000003B0-0x000003BB
I/O Port 0x000003C0-0x000003DF
Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\vtmini.sys (6.14.10.0343-16.94.52.05,
262.75 KB (269,056 bytes), 11/02/2006 01:15)

From: Twayne on
In news:4bf1b822$0$2532$da0feed9(a)news.zen.co.uk,
someone <someone(a)flibbernet.com> typed:
> I wonder if this problem is similar to that of +Bob+:
>
> Three years ago I bought a new computer and went from Win
> 98SE to Win XP SP 2 Home. A friend who was emigrating gave me his old CRT
> Flatron 795 FT Plus LG monitor, which was bigger and better than the
> one I had, so I simply
> plugged it in and it has been fine with no problems at all.
>
> A couple of days ago I began to get a message on startup
> from the Found New Hardware Wizard saying "Cannot Install this Hardware -
> there was a problem installing...Monitor. An error
> occurred, the driver cannot be installed because it is
> either not digitally signed or not signed in the
> appropriate manner. Contact your hardware vendor."
> I checked the Monitor Properties in Device Manager and sure
> enough there is a yellow ! mark beside the monitor. The
> message says "the drivers for this device are not installed
> (Code 28)". I don't recall seeing this yellow ! in the
> past, which I would have noticed when checking my system
> properties.
> The monitor works fine, so what is this all about? Should
> I be worried? Is there anything I should do?
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> someone

When you get that error message, there should be a way to tell it OK or to
Ignore it and continue. Click that and see if it helps.

Otherwise I can't think of much to help you right now.

HTH,

Twayne`