From: GeezerButler on
I'm trying to implement a control designer for my web composite
control.
According to what i read at msdn, i am supposed to inherit my class
from System.Web.UI.Design.ControlDesigner.

Now, in my code when i try to write this:
public class MyDesigner : System.Web.UI.Design.ControlDesigner
i get the error
The type or namespace name 'ControlDesigner' does not exist in the
namespace 'System.Web.UI.Design'

Intellisense does not show any class under the 'System.Web.UI.Design'
namespace. It only shows another namespace called MobileControls.

I have the System.Web dll referenced in my project. Also, the using
System.Web.UI.Design statement does not throw any error.

So the only possibility that seems left to me is that of a corrupt
dll?
I am terribly stuck.

Any help would be really appreciated.
Thanks

From: GeezerButler on
On Feb 26, 3:31 am, "GeezerButler" <kurtr...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to implement a control designer for my web composite
> control.
> According to what i read at msdn, i am supposed to inherit my class
> from System.Web.UI.Design.ControlDesigner.
>
> Now, in my code when i try to write this:
> public class MyDesigner : System.Web.UI.Design.ControlDesigner
> i get the error
> The type or namespace name 'ControlDesigner' does not exist in the
> namespace 'System.Web.UI.Design'
>
> Intellisense does not show any class under the 'System.Web.UI.Design'
> namespace. It only shows another namespace called MobileControls.
>
> I have the System.Web dll referenced in my project. Also, the using
> System.Web.UI.Design statement does not throw any error.
>
> So the only possibility that seems left to me is that of a corrupt
> dll?
> I am terribly stuck.
>
> Any help would be really appreciated.
> Thanks

Hmm, I should try the search buton before i post anything.

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.buildingcontrols/browse_thread/thread/acfa04c40d1ab35f/9feb44df01c423a0?lnk=st&q=System.Web.UI.Design&rnum=1#9feb44df01c423a0