From: Sudhir on
Hi,
I have an excel sheet with mutiple work sheets. Each worksheet has some data
(numbers) in column G. The number of enteries in each sheet is different
(Sheet 1 has 7 enteries, Sheet 2 has 27, etc).

I want to create a summary sheet in the same file which would list the names
of the sheets one below another (Name of sheet 1 in A1, Name of sheet 2 in
A2, etc) and also sum the total from column G in each sheet against the names
of the sheet in the next column.

Please help.

Thanks
From: steve on
Hi,
Using 2007 this macro should work, the "summary sheet" should be the last
sheet in your workbook, and you will have to alter the value "x" to match
the number of sheets you want to summarise.

Sub summary()
For x = 1 To 3
Sheets("summary").Range("A" & x) = Sheets(x).Name
Sheets("summary").Range("b" & x) =
WorksheetFunction.Sum(Sheets(x).Range("a:a"))
Next
End Sub

Regards
Steve