From: "Dave "Mod Bod" Modisette" on
They have dropped the files in your existing Toontrack downloads account
so if you are interested in the 64 bit version of Superior 2 and
Toontrack Solo, you can get them there.

I've worked with them in in SONAR x64 - 8.5.2 and 8.3.1 as well as in
Reaper x64 - V3.14 and I think you will have smooth sailing but if you
are in a mission critical timeline situation you might want to hold off
until it's more convenient.

--
Dave "Mod Bod" Modisette

http://www.gatortraks.com/forum
http://www.gatortraks.com
From: John Braner on
Rick Paul wrote:
> P.S. - I got it installed, updated to the public beta of the 64-bit version
> and tried it out briefly. I was disappointed that they'd only let you
> install the public beta in a fixed path on C: drive, which wouldn't be
> searched in my SONAR setup (unless I added the path to the VST setup, of
> course), but it seems to work fine after I just drag copy the DLL over to my
> normal path for this under SONAR. It also finds the EZ Drummer/EZX content
> just fine, and seems to play both sets of content nicely under the one roof.
>
> Now I'm wondering if I should even care if/when the 64-bit version of EZ
> Drummer comes out -- I.e., if you've got Superior 2.0, which can load EZ
> Drummer stuff, is there any reason, assuming EZ Drummer would work on the
> same system, to use the EZ Drummer interface? I guess there are less tabs
> and such, but it seems to me there's an advantage of being able to pick any
> kit S2.0 has, and the browsing for grooves and such seems to be just as easy
> to use as EZ Drummer, with even more control in the internal mixer.
>
> Next step, when I get a chance, will be to figure out how to reload the old
> DFH Superior kits to use that under S2.0. I'd had to kick that off my hard
> disk to make room awhile back, and never really warmed to the original DFHS
> interface anyway, but I imagine it might be useful to have the extra kits
> now that I should be able to load it under the S2.0 interface.
>
> Rick

If you just copy the S1 files back on to your disk - and apply the soundstats updates, they'll work
fine. You just point S2 to the correct path.

--
===========
John Braner

jbraner(a)NOblueyonderSPAM.co.uk
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
From: John Braner on
Rick Paul wrote:
> P.S. - I figured it out. No need to install the software, just the sounds,

That's right. The "software" is just the Superior 1 dll. You're only interested in the sounds.

> the update from the first disk, point the plug-in at all three sets of files
> (I.e. Drummer, Cocktail, Percussionist), and then, importantly, an
> additional downloaded update that brings it to a level that Superior 2.0
> requires. Without that last bit, S2.0 gives an error message that is a bit
> cryptic, but basically says the files need to be updated. These seem to

The only thing S2 requires is that the ver 1 files are at the latest version which was 1.6 I think.
So you'd install the S1 sounds and then the last "soundsupdate".

> work nicely now. I did have to increase the maximum memory S2.0 can use for
> one preset to be loaded, though most were under its default limit of 1200
> MB. The one that was over was only slightly over -- something like 1209 MB.

Just get rid of some of the bleeds if they're too big. You can always put them back for bouncing -
or bounce through Superior which gives you all the bleeds anyway (that's what I do)

--
===========

From: John Braner on
Rick Paul wrote:
> "John Braner" <me(a)myhouse.com> wrote in message
>> Rick Paul wrote:
>>> the update from the first disk, point the plug-in at all three sets of
>>> files (I.e. Drummer, Cocktail, Percussionist), and then, importantly, an
>>> additional downloaded update that brings it to a level that Superior 2.0
>>> requires. Without that last bit, S2.0 gives an error message that is a
>>> bit cryptic, but basically says the files need to be updated. These seem
>> The only thing S2 requires is that the ver 1 files are at the latest
>> version which was 1.6 I think. So you'd install the S1 sounds and then the
>> last "soundsupdate".
>
> Yeah, the soundsupdate on the DVD obviously wasn't recent enough. I'd had
> other downloaded versions at 1.5 and 1.6 on my hard disk, so I just applied
> the 1.6 version and then things worked.
>
>>> work nicely now. I did have to increase the maximum memory S2.0 can use
>>> for one preset to be loaded, though most were under its default limit of
>>> 1200 MB. The one that was over was only slightly over -- something like
>>> 1209 MB.
>> Just get rid of some of the bleeds if they're too big. You can always put
>> them back for bouncing - or bounce through Superior which gives you all
>> the bleeds anyway (that's what I do)
>
> I'll learn how to use the thing sooner or later. ;-) For now, it was just
> simpler to increase the maximum memory allotment. Worked fine after I did
> that.
>
> After giving up on Superior 1 fairly quickly due to its user interface
> complexity and unfriendliness on the RAM front, I'm really liking how easy
> Superior 2 makes it to get started then go from there. I'm looking forward
> to getting to try it out on an actual project.
>
> Rick

Let us know how you make out. ;-)

--
===========

From: "Dave "Mod Bod" Modisette" on
Rick Paul wrote:
> P.S. - I got it installed, updated to the public beta of the 64-bit version
> and tried it out briefly. I was disappointed that they'd only let you
> install the public beta in a fixed path on C: drive, which wouldn't be
> searched in my SONAR setup (unless I added the path to the VST setup, of
> course), but it seems to work fine after I just drag copy the DLL over to my
> normal path for this under SONAR. It also finds the EZ Drummer/EZX content
> just fine, and seems to play both sets of content nicely under the one roof.
>
> Now I'm wondering if I should even care if/when the 64-bit version of EZ
> Drummer comes out -- I.e., if you've got Superior 2.0, which can load EZ
> Drummer stuff, is there any reason, assuming EZ Drummer would work on the
> same system, to use the EZ Drummer interface? I guess there are less tabs
> and such, but it seems to me there's an advantage of being able to pick any
> kit S2.0 has, and the browsing for grooves and such seems to be just as easy
> to use as EZ Drummer, with even more control in the internal mixer.
>
> Next step, when I get a chance, will be to figure out how to reload the old
> DFH Superior kits to use that under S2.0. I'd had to kick that off my hard
> disk to make room awhile back, and never really warmed to the original DFHS
> interface anyway, but I imagine it might be useful to have the extra kits
> now that I should be able to load it under the S2.0 interface.
>
> Rick
The fixed path is to alleviate the worry that the "public" would install
the 64 dll into their default VSTplungins folder and overwrite the 32
bit version and cause much weeping and gnashing of teeth. From my
observation point, it seems like the biggest difficulty is accommodating
three different versions of 64 bit Windows operating systems and how to
install your software and have the registry come out right so that the
64 bit and 32 bit versions of Superior work on the same machine and
accommodate the 64 bit DAW hosts on an equal footing.

I know that some of us here boldly go into the registry to hack problems
into submission but trying to figure out the Win 7 64 bit registry and
finding all of the entries is a bear for me.

Sorry to be away from the group here so long but my project studio makes
for a very quiet guest room during the holidays. Unfortunately that
puts me out of a place to hide. ;)