From: Cormac on
Hello.

I manage a number of Windows mobile (6.1 and 6.5) devices through
Exchange 2007 and a Device Management application (Afaria). In this
way I can remotely configure a lot of items on the device, including
changing registry settings and xml provisioing.

I would like to have the "Sent Items" folder automatically (by
dwfault) checked for syncing. Is there a way to select this as
checked either via xml provisioning or by changing registry settings?
Or is it somewhere else? I can't seem to find it in the registry or
via xml provisioning.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
/Cormac.
From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Fri, 7 May 2010 06:57:55 -0700 (PDT), Cormac
<cormac.mcloughlin(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>Hello.
>
>I manage a number of Windows mobile (6.1 and 6.5) devices through
>Exchange 2007 and a Device Management application (Afaria). In this
>way I can remotely configure a lot of items on the device, including
>changing registry settings and xml provisioing.
>
>I would like to have the "Sent Items" folder automatically (by
>dwfault) checked for syncing. Is there a way to select this as
>checked either via xml provisioning or by changing registry settings?
>Or is it somewhere else? I can't seem to find it in the registry or
>via xml provisioning.
>
>Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

If it's going to be anywhere, it'll be in this section of your
wap-provisioning doc XML:

<characteristic type="FolderHierarchy">

You could set up a test device with the config you want and then feed
this into the rapiconfig executable to dump the whole device config:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<wap-provisioningdoc>
<characteristic-query type="Sync" mwid="1"/>
</wap-provisioningdoc>

---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
From: Cormac on
On May 8, 12:54 am, "Rich Matheisen [MVP]"
<richn...(a)rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> wrote:
> On Fri, 7 May 2010 06:57:55 -0700 (PDT), Cormac
>
> <cormac.mclough...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> >Hello.
>
> >I manage a number of Windows mobile (6.1 and 6.5) devices through
> >Exchange 2007 and a Device Management application (Afaria).  In this
> >way I can remotely configure a lot of items on the device, including
> >changing registry settings and xml provisioing.
>
> >I would like to have the "Sent Items" folder automatically (by
> >dwfault) checked for syncing.  Is there a way to select this as
> >checked either via xml provisioning or by changing registry settings?
> >Or is it somewhere else?  I can't seem to find it in the registry or
> >via xml provisioning.
>
> >Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
>
> If it's going to be anywhere, it'll be in this section of your
> wap-provisioning doc XML:
>
> <characteristic type="FolderHierarchy">
>
> You could set up a test device with the config you want and then feed
> this into the rapiconfig executable to dump the whole device config:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
> <wap-provisioningdoc>
>  <characteristic-query type="Sync" mwid="1"/>
> </wap-provisioningdoc>
>
> ---
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Hi

Thanks for this info. You are right, it is part of the FolderHierarcy
section. Note (for anyone looking at this in the future) that this
xml has to be sent down after initial sync is complete however,
because until initial sync is completed the folder structure does not
exist.

Thanks,
Cormac.