From: Timo Partanen on
We are sometimes getting "Syntax error, permission violation, or other
nonspecific error" when a stored procedure call is prepared. We are using
the SQL Server Native Client OLE DB provider with MS SQL Server 2008 R2 on
Windows Server 2003. The procedure call has one dynamic parameter because it
is executed multiple times. This is the actual reason why it is prepared.

Command: "EXEC P_MyProc 101, ?, 10, 0"

In detail, ICommandPrepare::Prepare() is failing. Preparing the command
seems to cause SQL Server to execute "exec
[MyDB].[sys].sp_procedure_params_100_rowset N'P_MyProc',1,NULL,NULL"
internally. Has someone an idea what is getting wrong? What is the best way
to avoid the error?

Thanks in advance!

Timo