From: Smirnoff on
XP Pro, SP3

I was asked to save my system information file in order to upload it for
diagnostic purposes.

In the Run box, I entered msinfo32.exe, clicked on File>Save. Made sure it
was an .nfo file and saved to Desktop.

A dialogue box appeared "Refreshing System Information", however, it never
completed. Task Manager tells me the (2 programmes, one showing a
query/question mark and one that looks like a system file) are Not
Responding.

If I try to open the file saved to Desktop, I am told "System Information
cannot open this NFO file. It may be corrupted or an unrecognised version".

Have now tried several times to save the file but with the same error.