From: David Black on
I am trying to restore my system to another date and no matter what date I
pick I get the error message that the system cannot be restored to that date.
I do not know what the problem is or how to correct it, so any help will be
appreciated.
From: Pegasus [MVP] on

"David Black" <DavidBlack(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to restore my system to another date and no matter what date I
> pick I get the error message that the system cannot be restored to that
> date.
> I do not know what the problem is or how to correct it, so any help will
> be
> appreciated.

The problem is that System Restore failed for some unknown reason. If you're
brave then you can perform a manual System Restore - see here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307545. If you have a Bart PE boot CD (or
similar) then you can simplify the process considerably. Post again if
interested.

From: Stefan Patric on
On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 11:52:01 -0700, David Black wrote:

> I am trying to restore my system to another date and no matter what date
> I pick I get the error message that the system cannot be restored to
> that date.
> I do not know what the problem is or how to correct it, so any help
> will be
> appreciated.

If you are running anti-virus/malware software, particularly Norton, turn
it all off, and try, again. This is a known restore problem. Step-by-
step instructions can be found on the net. Just do a search.

Stef
From: Lem on

See: http://bertk.mvps.org/index.html (use the drop-down menu).

--