From: Ulf Samuelsson on
> > "Jesper" <jesperkr(a)mail.dk> a ýcrit dans le message de news:
> > 4bd6bf8a.0503071042.5cffc0fa(a)posting.google.com...
> > > Hey
> > >
> > > Any of you had any experience with running tcp/ip stack on 8051 for
> > > GPRS purpose?? Which 8051 uC and TCP/IP stack did you use?? Free ones
> > > preferred :-)
> > >
> > > Or should I use a different uC like AVR ATMega128 og an ARM7 like
> > > Phillips LPC21XX. I've only got experience with 8051 uC....
> > >
> > > It's my first GPRS project, any suggestions on my choice of TCP/IP
> > > stack??
> > >
> > > Regards
> > >
> > > Jesper
> > > Denmark

Have many customers which have used the ATmega128 for GPRS
connectivity, and most of them want the ATmega256 now.
The AT91SAM7S256 ARM7 seems also to be good for this
market due to large RAM size (64 kB) which many like..
Only a few customers have received samples of the SAM7S256 yet,
but it should be more generally available in a few months.

--
Best Regards
Ulf at atmel dot com