From: Gary Walters on
Once an event is captured (trigger has come and gone), I see a waveform fixed
on the display. I presume this is the digitized waveform now in memory.

I want to view forward and backward in the event. How do I do this? It's not
clear how to scroll through the waveform.

Must I first save the waveform? This poses a few problems.

When I go to save a waveform, I'm given the choice of saving it to different
references (ie, "Ref1", "Ref2"). When I choose a Ref, I get a bell and an
error message that says "The selected channel is not on. Only channels or
waveforms which are on can be saved." I don't know what this means. How do I
save a waveform?

Also, when I try to recall a waveform, I press the Recall Waveform button and
I see this message: "Recall a waveform by pressing the MORE button". When I
press the MORE button I am taken to the Math menu ("Math Ref." is the sub
text printed below the MORE button). I know haven't successfully saved a
waveform, but should I be getting this error?

Any suggestions to help me scroll through the captured waveform, and to save
a waveform would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

From: Gary Walters on
There seems to be no operator's manual for this available on-line (or at
Tek.com). The service manual is available but has little about operation.

Help!

Thanks.

From: Gary Walters on
I've succeeded in saving a waveform and recalling it.

I see by the graphic above the graticule that the displayed waveform is only
a small part of the digitized waveform data that is saved.

I still am experimenting, trying to discover how to scroll the display to
other parts of the waveform.

??

From: Gary Walters on
OK. Looks like I've got it.

You have to save a waveform and recall it in order to scroll through it. And
the H position is the scroll control.

Thanks for listening. ;-)

From: JW on
On Thu, 3 Jun 2010 23:26:18 -0700 Gary Walters <gwprez(a)yahoo2.cz> wrote in
Message id: <0001HW.C82DEA9A04C6AABBB01AD9AF(a)news.eternal-september.org>:

>There seems to be no operator's manual for this available on-line (or at
>Tek.com). The service manual is available but has little about operation.

http://www.ko4bb.com/cgi-bin/manuals.pl?dir=Tektronix/Tektronix_-_TDS-400_Series

This manual covers the TDS410A, but may be close enough for what you need.