From: W. eWatson on
I bought a used Subject scope 10 years ago and really never used it,
except to try it for simple tasks. It was probably beyond what I needed,
but I knew the seller and the price was right. Time to sell it.

I'd like to know if it actually works before selling it, but have long
forgotten whatever I needed to know on how to operate it. I have
function generator, and plugged the BNC connector from the scope into it
yesterday. I was unable to get any signal on the scope. I know the
generator works. What are the simplest steps I need to perform to get
some signal displayed? The gen is a BK Precision 4011 5MHz.