From: Gary on
I understand the TEXT function, however when I format it as TEXT(F19,"0,0"),
I get 1,000, displayed correctly. Also 10 thru 999 displays correctly, but 1
displays as 01, 2 as 02. Can I suppress the zero in single digit numbers?
Also, is it possible to bold and underline within a TEXT function?
From: "David Biddulph" groups [at] on
=TEXT(F19,"#,0")
and, no, you can't format within the TEXT function.
--
David Biddulph

From: Gord Dibben on
=TEXT(F19,"#,0")

No, you cannot bold and underline within a TEXT function.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

From: Ron Rosenfeld on
wrote:

>Also, is it possible to bold and underline within a TEXT function?

No. But more particulars might help solve your problem.

You can bold and underline the entire cell either as a "hard" format or with
conditional formatting.

You can also put an equivalent of your TEXT function into a VBA Macro, and then
bold/underline a portion of the text string that you would have your macro
write to the cell.
--ron