From: Pentcho Valev on
The only reason behind Dark Energy:

http://www.physorg.com/news179508040.html
"More than a dozen ground-based Dark Energy projects are proposed or
under way, and at least four space-based missions, each of the order
of a billion dollars, are at the design concept stage."

Sometimes the correct solution to the problem is hinted at in
Einsteiniana but then no billions, not even millions, come and
Einsteinians promise not to hint anymore:

http://www.sciscoop.com/story/2008/10/30/41323/484
"Does the apparently constant speed of light change over the vast
stretches of the universe? Would our understanding of black holes,
ancient supernovae, dark matter, dark energy, the origins of the
universe and its ultimate fate be different if the speed of light were
not constant?.....Couldn't it be that the supposed vacuum of space is
acting as an interstellar medium to lower the speed of light like some
cosmic swimming pool? If so, wouldn't a stick plunged into the pool
appear bent as the light is refracted and won't that affect all our
observations about the universe. I asked theoretical physicist Leonard
Susskind, author of The Black Hole War, recently reviewed in Science
Books to explain this apparent anomaly....."You are entirely right,"
he told me, "there are all sorts of effects on the propagation of
light that astronomers and astrophysicists must account for. The point
of course is that they (not me) do take these effects into account and
correct for them." "In a way this work is very heroic but unheralded,"
adds Susskind, "An immense amount of extremely brilliant analysis has
gone into the detailed corrections that are needed to eliminate these
'spurious' effects so that people like me can just say 'light travels
with the speed of light.' So, there you have it. My concern about
cosmic swimming pools and bent sticks does indeed apply, but
physicists have taken the deviations into account so that other
physicists, such as Susskind, who once proved Stephen Hawking wrong,
can battle their way to a better understanding of the universe."

Pentcho Valev
pvalev(a)yahoo.com
From: tg on
On Dec 9, 1:26 am, Pentcho Valev <pva...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> The only reason behind Dark Energy:

Obviously the goal is to steal from taxpayers and give the money to
left-wing scientists. The ultimate goal is to use the dark energy to
power Black Helicopters, which will be used to enforce the Illuminati-
Run World Gummint.

Isn't that the point of all scientific research not funded by Exxon-
Mobil, Big Tobacco, or Big Pharma?

-tg

From: turtoni on

From: tg on

ugga bugga
From: turtoni on
On Dec 9, 7:42 am, tg <tgdenn...(a)earthlink.net> wrote:
> On Dec 9, 1:26 am, Pentcho Valev <pva...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > The only reason behind Dark Energy:
>
> Obviously the goal is to steal from taxpayers and give the money to
> left-wing scientists. The ultimate goal is to use the dark energy to
> power Black Helicopters, which will be used to enforce the Illuminati-
> Run World Gummint.
>
> Isn't that the point of all scientific research not funded by Exxon-
> Mobil, Big Tobacco, or Big Pharma?
>
> -tg

bugga ugga