From: Mauro Carvalho Chehab on
Hi D�nis,

Em Sat, 3 Oct 2009 10:02:26 -0300
D�nis Goes <denishark(a)gmail.com> escreveu:

> Hi People...
>
> I'm a programmer and I want to help in development of tm6010 driver to
> finish the driver and use my PixelView 405 USB card.
>
> What the status of tm6010 driver ??? How to obtain the correct tridvid.sys
> file ??? I have here 7 file versions from many driver versions, but none
> have the correct md5sum.

Probably it will use v2.7 firmware or v3.6 (if it has a xc3028L). Those firmwares
are available via Documentation/video4linux/extract_xc3028.pl script. The instructions
for use it are commented on the top of the script file.

The driver is at the staging directory at the mercurial tree. It compiles fine, but
it generates some OOPSes when you try to use it. It may be related to the i2c
conversion or to the buffer filling routines.

Feel free to contribute. While I want to finish the driver, due to some higher
priority tasks on my large TODO list, it is unlikely that I'll have some time
for doing it soon, unfortunately.

Cheers,
Mauro
From: Jan-Simon Möller on
Hi !

Using the 3.7 firmware on HVR900H, I get up to this point:

http://pastebin.ca/1603643

[...]
Error during zl10353_attach!
tm6000: couldn't attach the frontend!
xc2028 4-0061: destroying instance
tm6000: Error -1 while registering
tm6000: probe of 1-5.1:1.0 failed with error -1
usbcore: registered new interface driver tm6000
Original value=255

Best,
Jan-Simon
From: Devin Heitmueller on
On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 4:50 AM, Jan-Simon M�ller <dl9pf(a)gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi !
>
> Using the 3.7 firmware on HVR900H, I get up to this point:
>
> http://pastebin.ca/1603643
>
> [...]
> Error during zl10353_attach!
> tm6000: couldn't attach the frontend!
> xc2028 4-0061: destroying instance
> tm6000: Error -1 while registering
> tm6000: probe of 1-5.1:1.0 failed with error -1
> usbcore: registered new interface driver tm6000
> Original value=255
>

> Best,
> Jan-Simon

I keep seeing people trying out that driver, apparently thinking that
they just need to compile the correct tree in order for their product
to work. For the record, this driver is currently *TOTALLY BROKEN*.
Unless you are a developer who is prepared to reverse engineer the
wire protocol and debug the driver, then you should not be wasting
your time compiling the tree in the hope that it will work for you.

Cheers,

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs