From: olubern on
Hello,

I'm trying to design a system that takes in data through the AIC23 codec
on board and send processed output out serially through the McBSP. After
looking at the sample program dsk_app included with the DSK, I realize
both the McBSP0 and McBSP1 are used by the AIC23 codec. Is it possible to
acquire signals through the AIC23 codec and send processed output out
serially through McBSP? If possible can you send me some documents I could
reference to?. Sample codes will really be of help too. I just got
introduced to DSP recently. Thanks in advance for you help. - Bernard.
From: Howard Long on
Hi Bernard

> I'm trying to design a system that takes in data through the AIC23 codec
> on board and send processed output out serially through the McBSP. After
> looking at the sample program dsk_app included with the DSK, I realize
> both the McBSP0 and McBSP1 are used by the AIC23 codec. Is it possible to
> acquire signals through the AIC23 codec and send processed output out
> serially through McBSP? If possible can you send me some documents I could
> reference to?. Sample codes will really be of help too. I just got
> introduced to DSP recently. Thanks in advance for you help. - Bernard.

The dsk_app does exactly that, although the 'processsing' is simply to take
the input and place it on the output.

Take a look at the processBuffer function. That is where you'd do your
processing.

If you've just started, it might be advantageous to try Rulph Chassaing's
book: Digital Signal Processing and Applications with the C6713 and C6416
Dsk. The dsk_app is a DMA app and as such is more complicated than similar
non-DMA methods used in the Chassaing book. However, in the real world, DMA
would be the way to go.

Regards, Howard