From: Amit Kumar on
hi i am just a novice at the vba . now i have been asked to submi an
assignment that is:

1)Create a workbook having a button. When the user presses the button,
it should sort the data in sheet1 & then add subtotals to it. The
parameters required for sorting & subtotals are specified in the
sheet2.

OR
2)Create a workbook for generating the pivot table from the given
data. The parameters for the pivot table are to be specified in
sheet2.

please as i am a novice it would be so kind of any programmer if he
can send me the working excel sheet and yes its very urgent.|(2 days
only)gotta submit it by monday

From: Tim Williams on
Why not post the code you have so far ?

Tim

From: Gary Keramidas on
probably did.

--

Gary Keramidas
Excel 2003

From: marcus on

Hi Amit

All of the information to complete this project is available online
through searches within Google. Being a student research should be
second nature to you and gleaning the information to perform this
simple task should be straight forward.

I mean no disrespect and sincerely hope you get the answer you are
looking for through your own endeavours. VBA is a very intuitive
language and completing this project yourself with be liberating
rather than taking someone else's work and presenting it as your own.

Take care

Marcus
From: Amit Kumar on
On Feb 20, 10:37 am, marcus <marcusinlond...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Amit
>
> All of the information to complete this project is available online
> through searches within Google.  Being a student research should be
> second nature to you and gleaning the information to perform this
> simple task should be straight forward.
>
> I mean no disrespect and sincerely hope you get the answer you are
> looking for through your own endeavours.  VBA is a very intuitive
> language and completing this project yourself with be liberating
> rather than taking someone else's work and presenting it as your own.
>
> Take care
>
> Marcus

@all i understand that macro is intutive language but the thing is
that i don't know much about the vb
and its my assignment for which i had been given 3 days.
regarding the project i have created the button and have somewhat
figured out to sort the data but my problem is
1)how to connect the sheet 2 parameters to sheet1
2) how to attach macro to the button so that when it is pressed it
sorts the data out

if any of you have any idea how to do that
and don't preach,its my marks that matter.
i know there must be some subjects you don't know for ex.

@Marcus :- if someone asks you to give the biosyntheis of The aspirin
i bet nobody in the net can do this.
please understand when the subject is alien mere understanding doesn't
help
and i am not asking for readymade help at least make another macro for
attaching any simple code to a button and tell me hw you connected
themacro to button
i will figure it out then and will apply to my case
\