From: Bruno Le Hyaric on
Hi every body,

I've recently made up a new grammar for Ada based on the great
language manipulation tool : TXL (http://www.txl.ca).

http://github.com/bu2/ada-2005-txl-grammar

The grammar is currently at an early stage. It permits to parse full
Ada 2005 following LRM standard but still only provides parsing trees.

AST coming soon and even more...

Comments are welcome!

Bruno Le Hyaric.
http://bruno-lehyaric.com
From: Adam Beneschan on
On May 17, 3:18 pm, Bruno Le Hyaric <bruno.lehya...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi every body,
>
> I've recently made up a new grammar for Ada based on the great
> language manipulation tool : TXL (http://www.txl.ca).
>
> http://github.com/bu2/ada-2005-txl-grammar
>
> The grammar is currently at an early stage. It permits to parse full
> Ada 2005 following LRM standard but still only provides parsing trees.
>
> AST coming soon and even more...
>
> Comments are welcome!

Well, I would hope so. A parser that didn't handle comments in Ada
source would be pretty unusable.

-- Adam

From: Bruno Le Hyaric on
> Well, I would hope so.  A parser that didn't handle comments in Ada
> source would be pretty unusable.
>
>                             -- Adam

I agree with you. As you might noticed, the project is extremly recent
and comments
will be handled soon.

I also plan to simplify the parsing tree to get a suitable AST,
then to make further pre-analysis.

As it may take some times, I would suggest you to have a look by the
end of June.

Regards,

Bruno Le Hyaric.
http://bruno-lehyaric.com
From: Adam Beneschan on
On May 18, 7:23 am, Bruno Le Hyaric <bruno.lehya...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> > Well, I would hope so.  A parser that didn't handle comments in Ada
> > source would be pretty unusable.
>
> >                             -- Adam
>
> I agree with you. As you might noticed, the project is extremly recent
> and comments
> will be handled soon.

I'm sorry you took this seriously---I was trying to make a bad joke.
My apologies. I should have added a smiley, but the smiley key on my
keyboard is broken.

-- Adam
From: Bruno Le Hyaric on

> I'm sorry you took this seriously---I was trying to make a bad joke.
> My apologies.  I should have added a smiley, but the smiley key on my
> keyboard is broken.
>
>                         -- Adam

Haha, no problem. It was a relevant comment.
But now the grammar handle comments in input (it means you can analyze
it with TXL engine) but does not ouput them yet.