Prev: VLookup
Next: Macro problem
From: gail on
I have a workbook w/ sheets and need to get them out of the w/book and into a
file.
I have tried to move/copy
and also just copying the sheet.
Any ideas?
From: Billns on
On 5/18/2010 12:56 PM, gail wrote:
> I have a workbook w/ sheets and need to get them out of the w/book and into a
> file.
> I have tried to move/copy
> and also just copying the sheet.
> Any ideas?

You can easily select/copy/paste a worksheet to a new Excel workbook,
then go back and delete the sheet in the original workbook.

Bill
From: Gord Dibben on
A file is a workbook.

Do you want to copy/move all sheets out a workbook to another workbook?

Simply save the workbook as another name.

You want to move some of the sheets to a new workbook?

Select the sheets by CTRL + click then right-click and "move or copy"

Select "create a copy" or not if you just want to move the sheets.

To destination.........new workbook or any open workbook.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

From: FSt1 on
hi
what is your definition of a "file"?

regards
FSt1

From: Chip Pearson on
A worksheet outside of a workbook is not possible. Every worksheet is
by definition within a workbook. If you want to save each worksheet
in the workbook to its own workbook, containing only that sheet, use
code like

Sub AAA()
Dim WS As Worksheet
Dim Path As String
Path = "D:\Test\" '<<<< CHANGE
For Each WS In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets
WS.Copy
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Path & WS.Name & ".xls", xlExcel8
ActiveWorkbook.Close savechanges:=True
Next WS
End Sub

Change the value of the Path variable, marked with '<<< to the folder
name in which the new workbooks should be saved.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional,
Excel, 1998 - 2010
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com

On Tue, 18 May 2010 12:56:01 -0700, gail
<gail(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have a workbook w/ sheets and need to get them out of the w/book and into a
>file.
>I have tried to move/copy
>and also just copying the sheet.
>Any ideas?