From: Steve_Karl on

"Bob Donald" <bdonald(a)panova.com> wrote in message news:5MCdnU1V-v_1YTLWnZ2dnUVZ_jSdnZ2d(a)supernews.com...
> Someone took a shot at my house today, and luckily I had a guitar case leaning in front of the window in my den! The bullet hit
> the case and ricocheted, redirecting into the wall a little over an inch from the monitor. I moved the studio upstairs last year,
> but kept a few things down here and lucky the case was there, because right in front of the case was my 84 Hamer <thought it was
> an 82 before> USA blitz bass, it would have went right through the fretboard. Even luckier, I was just in there 20 minutes before
> working on the tv server, and judging from the ricochet my head would have been in, or extremely close to, the path where it
> lodged. Never a dull moment living in the big city!

Yipes!
Well I'm glad no one or nothing was really physically damaged.
The good news is that the chances of this happening again are probably very slim.
What city and borrough are you in?

Steve

From: polymod on

"Bob Donald" <bdonald(a)panova.com> wrote in message
> Someone took a shot at my house today, and luckily I had a guitar case
> leaning in front of the window in my den! The bullet hit the case and
> ricocheted, redirecting into the wall a little over an inch from the
> monitor. I moved the studio upstairs last year, but kept a few things
down
> here and lucky the case was there, because right in front of the case was
my
> 84 Hamer <thought it was an 82 before> USA blitz bass, it would have went
> right through the fretboard. Even luckier, I was just in there 20 minutes
> before working on the tv server, and judging from the ricochet my head
> would have been in, or extremely close to, the path where it lodged. Never
> dull moment living in the big city!

Wow. Glad you're OK!

Poly

From: Bob Donald on

"Steve_Karl" <nospam(a)noway.com> wrote in message
> Yipes!
> Well I'm glad no one or nothing was really physically damaged.
> The good news is that the chances of this happening again are probably
> very slim.
> What city and borrough are you in?

Thanks Steve, yeah, damage was minimal other than a broken window, guitar
case and a small caliber slug buried in the plaster. You really gotta give
it to these 90+ year old houses, it takes alot to get through a plaster and
slat double wall. Like you, I'm betting that it's a slim chance of it
happening again, and hoping that it's not some gang banger who got out of
jail from when we cleaned this neighborhood up a few years back. I was kind
of a prominent face during it within the neighborhood. Luckily my gun
cabinet is almost as well stocked as my guitar locker :) Probably not
though, those losers just usually move on when they get out. I'm in
Detroit, southwest side.

From: Bob Donald on
Thanks Poly. Yup, SOMEONE is always watching out for me and my guitars :)

From: polymod on

> Thanks Poly. Yup, SOMEONE is always watching out for me and my guitars :)

Maybe you should hang a Red Wing flag with a few dangling Octopi !

Poly

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Now Available Reaper 3.4 & 3.5