From: D. Zack Zeiset,RN on
I have device that has been working fine until our provide upgraded to
the latest version of sendmail. The device is a stand-alone
temperature sensor that emails the tempertures of our vaccine
refrigerators twice per day. The device worked prior to the upgrade
and also works with Inbox.com. I don't want to maintain a new e-mail
account just for this device when sendmail should work. Does anybody
have experience with this? THe device is made by Xytronix Research &
Design, Inc. It does not have ssl capability other wise I would run
it through my Gmail account. I believe that is has something to do
with time out ourhost authentication but really these concepts are
beyond my expertise.
From: Andrzej Adam Filip on
"D. Zack Zeiset,RN" <zeisetz(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I have device that has been working fine until our provide upgraded to
> the latest version of sendmail. The device is a stand-alone
> temperature sensor that emails the tempertures of our vaccine
> refrigerators twice per day. The device worked prior to the upgrade
> and also works with Inbox.com. I don't want to maintain a new e-mail
> account just for this device when sendmail should work. Does anybody
> have experience with this? THe device is made by Xytronix Research &
> Design, Inc. It does not have ssl capability other wise I would run
> it through my Gmail account. I believe that is has something to do
> with time out ourhost authentication but really these concepts are
> beyond my expertise.

0) As I understand "no response" is reported by the device, is not it?

1) What is logged in snemdmail's log files?
2) Have you started to use FEATURE(`greet_pause')?
3) Could you "force" the device to send email report when you want?
(to ease debugging from sendmail's side)

--
[pl>en Andrew] Andrzej Adam Filip : anfi(a)onet.eu : Andrzej.Filip(a)gmail.com
I have a hobby. I have the world's largest collection of sea shells. I keep

Pages: 1
Prev: whitelisting email addresses
Next: Ports