From: Xavier Noria on
On Sat, Aug 7, 2010 at 11:54 PM, Caleb Clausen <vikkous(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> #class is a perfectly fine name for a method. So is #module. Ruby is,
> as you nknow very forgiving about letting you use keywords for method
> names. Unless this method is going to be called without a receiver
> (inside the class where you define it) a lot, there will be no
> awkwardness about calling it.

That's correct but it would override Object#class though, probably not
a good idea.

From: Andrew Wagner on

I would tend to call it a module, since a class is_a module, and I'm
guessing it's probably the only subclass of module.

From: Benoit Daloze on
On 8 August 2010 01:36, Andrew Wagner <wagner.andrew(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 7, 2010 at 9:51 AM, Intransition <transfire(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> Anyone have a term, for an attribute name, meaning "Class or Module".
>> I probably would just use #class but that's a keyword so that's out.
>> So far I've tried #scope and #namespace, but neither seem quite right.
>> Any suggestions?
>>
> I would tend to call it a module, since a class is_a module, and I'm
> guessing it's probably the only subclass of module.

Agreed.
And for the name, I already met some 'mod' (if 'module' can not work),
which is better than 'klass' to my eyes.
(Wrong spelling just hurts)

B.D.