From: gindie on
Back in the 9.x series of compilers, the user needed a DIRECTORY=
parameter in the INQUIRE statement to test for the existence of a
directory. The LRM for the 11.x compiler no longer shows this
parameter and neither the 10.x or 11.x release notes say that it was
deleted.

Can somebody geive me the history and current status of the DIRECTORY=
parameter in INQUIRE?
From: Les Neilson on

"gindie" <gindie(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Back in the 9.x series of compilers, the user needed a DIRECTORY=
> parameter in the INQUIRE statement to test for the existence of a
> directory. The LRM for the 11.x compiler no longer shows this
> parameter and neither the 10.x or 11.x release notes say that it was
> deleted.
>
> Can somebody geive me the history and current status of the DIRECTORY=
> parameter in INQUIRE?

From the Intel Fortran help (v11.1)

Inquiring by Directory:
INQUIRE (DIRECTORY=dir, EXIST=ex ... )

So if it failed for you then I think you probably made a mistake somewhere
else.

Les