From: Jordan Jovanov on
Hello to All,

I only whant to star discussion for who is the best programm to write
php and html script. I use dreamweaver, but now I change my OS to ubuntu
and I want some suggestions for some Text editor for FTP for Ubuntu

Thanks A lot
Jordan Jovanov
From: Ashley Sheridan on
On Sat, 2010-07-31 at 13:03 +0200, Jordan Jovanov wrote:

> Hello to All,
>
> I only whant to star discussion for who is the best programm to write
> php and html script. I use dreamweaver, but now I change my OS to ubuntu
> and I want some suggestions for some Text editor for FTP for Ubuntu
>

> Thanks A lot
> Jordan Jovanov

If you want a text editor on Linux, then I've found Kate pretty good.
However, if you're looking for something a bit more like Dreamweaver
without the WYSIWG editor, then I strongly recommend Netbeans for PHP. I
use it myself, and it has amazing code hinting features.

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk

From: Robert Cummings on
On 10-07-31 07:03 AM, Jordan Jovanov wrote:
> Hello to All,
>
> I only whant to star discussion for who is the best programm to write
> php and html script. I use dreamweaver, but now I change my OS to ubuntu
> and I want some suggestions for some Text editor for FTP for Ubuntu

Just mount the FTP connection to a local directory and use any text
editor as if the file was on your local system. Use autofs and the
connection will mount/unmount as you need it.

Cheers,
Rob.
--
E-Mail Disclaimer: Information contained in this message and any
attached documents is considered confidential and legally protected.
From: David Robley on
Jordan Jovanov wrote:

> Hello to All,
>
> I only whant to star discussion for who is the best programm to write
> php and html script. I use dreamweaver, but now I change my OS to ubuntu
> and I want some suggestions for some Text editor for FTP for Ubuntu
>

> Thanks A lot
> Jordan Jovanov

Ah, it's the time of year for an editor thread again :-) Have a look at
http://www.php-editors.com/ or
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PHP_editors or even google "php
editor"

As for "best" that can be very subjective depending on what _you_ want the
editor to do.

Cheers
--
David Robley

System going down at 1:45 p.m. for disk crashing.
Today is Pungenday, the 67th day of Confusion in the YOLD 3176.