From: Robert Crandal on
My cell is formatted to accept string type data. However, if
the text length is bigger than the cell length then all I see are
a bunch of "##################" characters in the cell.

Can't Excel just show the text that fits in the cell and
possibly clip off the text that extends beyond the cell??? How
can I do this?

thank u!

From: Dave Peterson on
Try changing the format to General.

Excel has trouble strings between 256 and 1024 characters in cells formatted as
Text.

--

Dave Peterson