From: Emece on
I have a column with the following data:

RUT 212874790014

Each cell has the word RUT, and the number changes, altough it always has 12
digits. I need to have the word in one cell and the number in another, so I
use the text to column option. But when I finish doing this the result is:

A B
RUT 21,2875E+11

How can I avoid this, so as to keep displaying the whole original number in
the cell?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Emece.-
From: tim m on
After performing the text to columns, format the number column as 'number'
zero decimal points.

From: Gord Dibben on
If you don't need that number for calculations.

In Step 3 set Column Data Format to Text for that column.

Elsewise format as number.....no DP

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

From: Emece on
Thanks Tim. This works, but is there a way to specify that directly in the
wizard Text to Columns?

Thanks again