From: Mobius on
Thanks very much Windows XP for the wonderful years with you.
But time flows on - and I am preparing to move on.
Will still keep in touch with you at my workplace where you still hold
sway - till later this year.
You were the best from the Microsoft family.
As I begin a relationship with your younger sibling - Seven - I feel blessed
that most of your sterling qualities live on in her.
This also means that Usenet will start to go away from me too. Seven groups
are exclusively on the Web.
Thanks for having made using a computer such a learning and productive
experience.
Regards.
Mobius
--------

From: Mobius on
"Bickford Shmeckler" <Bickford(a)Shmeckler.invalid> wrote in message
> You and XP should get a room.

We did, and been together almost a decade! That was the reason for my post!
;-)
Mobius
--------

From: Alias on
On 06/21/2010 12:37 PM, Mobius wrote:
> Thanks very much Windows XP for the wonderful years with you.
> But time flows on - and I am preparing to move on.
> Will still keep in touch with you at my workplace where you still hold
> sway - till later this year.
> You were the best from the Microsoft family.
> As I begin a relationship with your younger sibling - Seven - I feel blessed
> that most of your sterling qualities live on in her.
> This also means that Usenet will start to go away from me too. Seven groups
> are exclusively on the Web.
> Thanks for having made using a computer such a learning and productive
> experience.
> Regards.
> Mobius
> --------

There's a news group for Windows 7. It's alt.windows7.general. It's not
sponsored by Microsoft.

--
Alias
From: philo on
On 06/21/2010 05:37 AM, Mobius wrote:
> Thanks very much Windows XP for the wonderful years with you.
> But time flows on - and I am preparing to move on.
> Will still keep in touch with you at my workplace where you still hold
> sway - till later this year.
> You were the best from the Microsoft family.
> As I begin a relationship with your younger sibling - Seven - I feel blessed
> that most of your sterling qualities live on in her.
> This also means that Usenet will start to go away from me too. Seven groups
> are exclusively on the Web.
> Thanks for having made using a computer such a learning and productive
> experience.
> Regards.
> Mobius
> --------

Though I switched over to Linux about 18 months ago...

I did try both Vista and Win7 but will never use them

for any of the few times I run Windows...it will be XP.

If Windows was a more secure OS I probably would have stayed with it