From: Arman Obosyan on
"The Exchange server address list service failed to respond. This could be
because of an address list or email address policy configuration error."

Exchange Server 2007 and leap year day Feb 29 2008...
http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2008/02/29/448282.aspx
Published Friday, February 29, 2008 4:33 PM by Exchange

Despite the fact that the Post published February 29, 2008, and after that
we saw in May UR2 in Jul UR3 and UR4v2 in October, and of course UR5
I just yesterday was faced with this problem, for all that, that the
Exchange Server 2007 SP1 is UR5,

Describe what is and how everything was.

There are 1 forest and 3 domain, each domain contains Exchange Server 2007,
a domain in the cities of Georgia, Ukraine Site 1, Ukraine Site 2
Active Directory is 2003 forest and domains in native 2003, we had planned
for the 2008 renewal of forest as well as updating the domain controllers to
2008 by adding new 2008 DCs and depromote 2003 DCs.
Upon completion of the second stage of commissioning 2008 servers in the
domains, we got a problem using new-mailbox and other tasks, error message
says:
"The Exchange server address list service failed to respond. This could be
because of an address list or email address policy configuration error."

The problem occurred only at Help Desk management stations where the Help
Desk team works witch AD and Exchange, at the station installed Exchange
Management tools 2007 SP1 UR5 x86, Server 2003 x86 SP2.
It was also a problem at management stations on Server 2008 SP1 x64,
Exchange Server 2007 SP1 UR5 x64 Management tools there same errors

The problem was only on Servers were installed only Management Tools without
other Exchange roles,
the problem disappeared after restarting the service System Attendant on
Cluster Exchange Server.

Today on UA Site, we got same problems after adding to domain additional
Domain Controllers on Server 2008 and is repeated the same things on Help
Desk UA Management station, restarting the System Attendant resolves issue.

So that, after joining to the domain additional DCs 2008, we experienced
this problem, until now such errors were observed.

Arman Obosyan.