From: Jacko on
A Cantor is 'Jazz Singer' recountor of the torah. Cardinality is
related to Cardinal. A sin is a religious moral judgement. The 1984 UK
Data Protection Act referes to storing false or misleading information
of a personal nature and having it used against the individual the
information is about.

Does this imply that quoting Cantor proved X and sullying his name,
when he is not about to retort and consider the option of withdrawing
the 'proof' is an offence under the act?
From: Shubee on
On Aug 10, 12:49 pm, Jacko <jackokr...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> > Sure, set theory can be so thoroughly sanitized that probably no
> > paradoxes can develop but where's the fun and excitement in doing
> > that?
>
> It's not about the fun, it's about the lack of fraud.

I'm certain that mathematical reality is consistent but I doubt that
the rule "don't have fun" is one of its axioms. I simply believe that
there is something greater and more thrilling than ZFC. Believing
that, I consider it a great adventure to search for deeper axiom
sets.

> Consider a non bernoulli pseudo-random reversable source. (not a 50:50
> source).
>
> Then given an odd number of these sources, majority selection of head/
> tail state can be used to create a more biased source (h:t)^n ->
> central limit -> n moves to infinity -> 2h<t is possible.
>
> It takes 2 bits to turn a pseudo random bernoulli source into a non
> bernoulli reversable source.
>
> There exists a coding which can use the generated sequence with 2h<t
> to store information choices, by considering the occasional h to be an
> error in need of a correction (ignoring by stepping over) coding,
> implying a slower rate always t stream, which can be written upon by
> turning a t into a h.

Than you Jacko. That sounds like a very fun game. Unfortunately, I
never learned to play that particular game.

From: Jacko on
On 10 Aug, 20:41, Shubee <e.shu...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 10, 12:49 pm, Jacko <jackokr...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Sure, set theory can be so thoroughly sanitized that probably no
> > > paradoxes can develop but where's the fun and excitement in doing
> > > that?
>
> > It's not about the fun, it's about the lack of fraud.
>
> I'm certain that mathematical reality is consistent but I doubt that
> the rule "don't have fun" is one of its axioms. I simply believe that
> there is something greater and more thrilling than ZFC. Believing
> that, I consider it a great adventure to search for deeper axiom
> sets.

Fun is an auxillary coincidental, not a rason d'etre.

> > Consider a non bernoulli pseudo-random reversable source. (not a 50:50
> > source).
>
> > Then given an odd number of these sources, majority selection of head/
> > tail state can be used to create a more biased source (h:t)^n ->
> > central limit -> n moves to infinity -> 2h<t is possible.
>
> > It takes 2 bits to turn a pseudo random bernoulli source into a non
> > bernoulli reversable source.
>
> > There exists a coding which can use the generated sequence with 2h<t
> > to store information choices, by considering the occasional h to be an
> > error in need of a correction (ignoring by stepping over) coding,
> > implying a slower rate always t stream, which can be written upon by
> > turning a t into a h.
>
> Than you Jacko. That sounds like a very fun game. Unfortunately, I
> never learned to play that particular game.

comp.compression has this curent 'fun game'.
From: Aatu Koskensilta on
Jacko <jackokring(a)gmail.com> writes:

> I don't think so. Unless you have a full proof that there are only a
> finite number of numbers below infinity, and not some messed up proof
> by negation with a not(red) = blue => no green.

Why should I have such a proof?

--
Aatu Koskensilta (aatu.koskensilta(a)uta.fi)

"Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, dar�ber muss man schweigen"
From: Shubee on
On Aug 10, 2:33 pm, Jacko <jackokr...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> A Cantor is 'Jazz Singer' recountor of the torah. Cardinality is
> related to Cardinal. A sin is a religious moral judgement. The 1984 UK
> Data Protection Act referes to storing false or misleading information
> of a personal nature and having it used against the individual the
> information is about.
>
> Does this imply that quoting Cantor proved X and sullying his name,
> when he is not about to retort and consider the option of withdrawing
> the 'proof' is an offence under the act?

Wouldn't it be more interesting to investigate the hopelessly
indescribable real numbers, i.e., the ethereal ones that can't be
defined with a finite number of words, numbers or mathematical
symbols?