From: SC Tom on

"Twayne" <nobody(a)spamcop.net> wrote in message
> In news:%23hdcuyc6KHA.5808(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl,
> tatar <afe(a)ersoy.co.uk> typed:
>> I have two Windows XP SP3 computer connected through a
>> Rooter. I am the only user on both and I have the same
>> Username and password on both computers. Do I need User
>> Profile Hive cleanup on my computers? It is repeatedly
>> coming up in the Event Viewer which make me think it is
>> slowing down my computer.
>
> If by "it" you mean the PHC, then something is wrong. Remove it to see
> what happens. It shouldn't affect anything but shut down times, so it may
> not be your culprit.
> What are you looking at in Event Viewer that makes you think "it" is
> slowing things down? What specifically is the Event Viewer contents?
> Include ALL data there. You've given nothing to work with here.
>
> HTH,
>
> Twayne`

You don't need to remove it, just stop the service and disable it. That way,
if it turns out to be useful/necessary, just re-enable it and start it.
UPHC will set an event 1001 when starting and a 1010 when stopping. These
are normal, informational events, not an error. If Tatar is seeing a
different event associated with UPHC, then there may be a problem.
--
SC Tom