From: adacrypt on

Seriously minded people would surely be expected to want nothing less
than totally unbreakable cryptography as the only standard worth
taking on board but that is clearly not the case in this news group.
This is not a criticism but the reality is that not everybody seems to
want that to happen for reasons that are not clear and since we live
in a democracy they are entitled to act the way they want within the
law. It is useful therefore to rationalise the status quo and see
where we are working with regard to the overall analysis of the
industry from a scientific point of view. If anybody wants to pursue
practically unbreakable (less than perfectly unbreakable cryptography)
as a selfish cultural pursuit say, then so be it but it needs to be
made clear to new readers that this something less than the more
serious end-point of perfect secrecy of communications that is the
only standard to be aimed at for main stream national and important
commercial levels.

The peripheral secure communications of the present industry i.e. the
razzmatazz show case that includes news groups, dedicated associations
purporting to represent research, academies offering courses by
internal research team members, promoters of conferences worldwide, is
indeed an industry that is living off its defects instead of its
successes. A euphemism of “the emperor’s new clothes” is a quite apt
description – but the emperor is clearly stark naked and nobody
seemingly wants to give up his long-standing hobby of fantasy
cryptography by admitting to this.

It is surely time to get real about the status quo.

All current cryptography may be classed as being XY cryptography i.e.
it happens in the XY plane in various ways.

Plane Cryptography.

1)All current cryptography belongs as a subclass in this essentially
second-rate class. If the cryptography is encapsulation-driven
cryptography i.e. the plaintext is transformed and embedded directly
within the cipher text but there for the finding by a cryptanalyst,
then it is definitely vulnerable to attack by mathematical inversion
methods and can never be ascribed the class of theoretically
unbreakable. It may be called plane cryptography that uses plane
curves (the elliptical curve is merely one of these) to represent code
points. In this context a straight line passes for a ‘curve’ albeit
one that has zero curvature – this is mathematically acceptable.
There is however a plethora of these curves that have no future in
serious cryptography but they do provide a large field of interest to
curio collectors in cryptography. It is commendable that readers do
this for cultural reasons but it must be confusing to more seriously
studious readers that this news group is being used as an on-line
playstation rather than a credible information source of worthwhile
cryptography. It must surely be one of the longest running mistakes
in the history of mathematics to have gone down this road first day
when cryptography became number-theoretic in the seventies. A
pleasant pursuit undoubtedly today of fantasy ciphers that have no
future but instead is something that gives readers the opportunity of
piping bits of hackneyed mathematics and obsolete crypt jargon to each
other in sci crypt posts but not a matter that should to be encouraged
as serious cryptography. That is what is happening with this now
defunct subclass of planar cryptography.

2)All plane cryptography is not inferior however and it is possible to
create bijections of scatter points in the XY plane that are
retrievable (i.e. invertible by mapping) by means of using the cipher
text to index the arrays of mapping data. Because they are not
functions and instead are simply disordered sets of mapped points it
is not possible to cryptanalyse this cryptography by mathematical
means. The cipher text serves as the means of merely indexing the
mapped points and giving them the required structure for
interpretation as message text. There is no functional relationship
between the plaintext at Alices’s end, the ciphertext in transit and
the messagetext at Bob’s end. The ciphertext is worthless to an
adversary who might intercept it because he does not have access to
the databases that it relates to. This is being called variously,
Mutual Database cryptography and Markup cryptography. It is a much
more useful subset of plane cryptography than the previous one (in 1
above). Creating the scatter points is tricky and although there are
two ciphers to hand in my portfolio there is not a lot of interest in
these on my website because, I assume, the difficulty to reades of
some of the modular arithmetic I have used. They are totally secure
ciphers however and are very efficient in operation.

Vector Cryptography.
3) This is undoubtedly totally secure cryptography – it is
theoretically unbreakable according to the official definition. Three-
dimensional space is an obvious improvement on the static XY plane and
is the ideal environment for all cryptography. It is well covered on
my website http//:www.adacrypt.com (see “A New Approach to
Cryptography”).

Enjoy – adacrypt
From: Mr. B on
adacrypt wrote:

> Seriously minded people would surely be expected to want nothing less
> than totally unbreakable cryptography as the only standard worth
> taking on board

No, in fact, that is not true at all. The problem with perfect secrecy is
that the size of the key has to be at least the size of the message, which
leads to a system of limited value -- if the key can be exchanged securely,
then why can't the message? Historically, there have been attempts to use
one time pads (which have perfect secrecy), but those attempts have
generally yielded poor results because of problems managing such a large
key.

> but that is clearly not the case in this news group.

That is because there are more interesting problems to work on, which rely
on the computational infeasibility of breaking a system. Perfect secrecy is
a solved problem with limited real world value, and we would all get bored
pretty quickly talking about it.

> the more
> serious end-point of perfect secrecy of communications that is the
> only standard to be aimed at for main stream national and important
> commercial levels.

That is a complete falsehood, AES is used for TOP SECRET communication in
the US government and whenever you use SSL you are using a block cipher of
some sort. Cell phones use stream ciphers based on PRNGs. The only people
peddling perfect secrecy for commercial use are snake oil salesmen...oh, it
looks like you might be one of them:

> Vector Cryptography.
> 3) This is undoubtedly totally secure cryptography – it is
> theoretically unbreakable according to the official definition. Three-
> dimensional space is an obvious improvement on the static XY plane and
> is the ideal environment for all cryptography. It is well covered on
> my website http//:www.adacrypt.com (see “A New Approach to
> Cryptography”).

-- B
From: Dave -Turner on
"Plane cryptography" ... why bother with this if you claim, as you just
posted, that your "Vector cryptography is undoubtedly totally secure
cryptography � it is theoretically unbreakable according to the official
definition."

Search google for: "plane cryptography"
You get all of 5 results.

I don't need to elaborate any further, all readers here - even amateur
crypto buffs such as myself can spot this as snakeoil. Why you bother, I
don't know - can only assume you have some financial reason for it. But it's
people/fraudsters like you that cast a shadow on what is otherwise an
amazing bunch of highly gifted individuals.

I don't think you know or care what damage you're doing, but I'm just glad
that everybody except new amateurs realises you're just a snakeoil peddler
and a fraud.

When you realise this, perhaps then we'll see your "winds of change".

I've asked before but you've never answered, so I'll reply again:
- Why have you never released any mathematical proof of your algorithms?
- Why do no reputable cryptologists give any weight or even bother
responding to your posts?

Please answer.
Thankyou

From: adacrypt on
On Jun 12, 6:54 pm, "Dave -Turner" <ad...(a)127.0.0.1> wrote:
> "Plane cryptography" ... why bother with this if you claim, as you just
> posted, that your "Vector cryptography is undoubtedly totally secure
> cryptography it is theoretically unbreakable according to the official
> definition."
>
> Search google for: "plane cryptography"
> You get all of 5 results.
>
> I don't need to elaborate any further, all readers here - even amateur
> crypto buffs such as myself can spot this as snakeoil. Why you bother, I
> don't know - can only assume you have some financial reason for it. But it's
> people/fraudsters like you that cast a shadow on what is otherwise an
> amazing bunch of highly gifted individuals.
>
> I don't think you know or care what damage you're doing, but I'm just glad
> that everybody except new amateurs realises you're just a snakeoil peddler
> and a fraud.
>
> When you realise this, perhaps then we'll see your "winds of change".
>
> I've asked before but you've never answered, so I'll reply again:
> - Why have you never released any mathematical proof of your algorithms?
> - Why do no reputable cryptologists give any weight or even bother
> responding to your posts?
>
> Please answer.
> Thankyou

>I've asked before but you've never answered, so I'll reply again:
>- Why have you never released any mathematical proof of your algorithms?
>- Why do no reputable cryptologists give any weight or even bother
>responding to your posts?

The mathematics are so well established that proof is neither possible
(since all of the theorems are old hat for centuries) nor necessary -
ask any mathematician.

>Plane cryptography" ... why bother with this if you claim, as you just
>posted, that your "Vector cryptography is undoubtedly totally secure
>cryptography it is theoretically unbreakable according to the official
>definition."

Vector cryptography uses the entire three-dimensional space and is
patently unbreakable to anyone who has the mathematics to understand
it.

Also, at the same time,
Plane cryptography means working in the XY plane which is what all
current known ciphers are doing. These well known ciphers are all
what I call 'encapsulation' ciphers in which the plaintext is
transformed by some function and secured by a key(s). These ciphers
are all mathematically invertible and therefore can be broken by some
form of mathematics (there to be found by cryptanalysts) and they
cannot be awarded unbreakable strength for that reason. The XY plane
is a subset of 3D space and has a divided use unlike total space that
is universally secure for all cryptography. Plane cryptography is a
coined word here but perfectly valid - it uses scalar data in the
ciphers to hand but could use coordinate methods also if needs be.

At the same time of accomodating practically unbreakable ciphers (all
of the popularly known ciphers) there are new ciphers that use mutual
database technology that also work in the XY plane that are
demonstrably unbreakable. These use modular arithmetic to create
disordered scatter points to represent the plaintext - these may also
be called plane cryptography.

If your mathematics were up to it you would not need to ask these
questions because they would be self evident to you but clearly that
is not the case - the fault is yours - there is no way that anybody
can lie in mathematics - when I post something that is expected to be
controversial I make sure the maths are correct because of all the
well informed mathematicians in sci crypt who seldom post anything but
read everything they see and they are my real critics - I am happy to
talk to them - I think you should also talk to themand you would soon
find out what is wrong with your understanding.

You cannot go fooling yourself that all is hunky dory with present
crypto when it isn't - it has got to change sometime in the future -
it just can't go on as it is - computer power wiil find it out.

It takes a long time for new cryptography to be accepted - as much as
half of a century - I'm not seeking anything - the politics of a
dishonest establishment won't tolerate any threat to their little
world so you can expect a lot of sniping before anybody goes public
and supports work that they don't like .

No. I am not a fraud or a bluffer - you don't seem to know enough to
be able to tell the difference between mathematics that requires proof
and things that are not needed to be proved.

I hope this answers your unjust accusations - adacrypt
From: Bruce Stephens on
adacrypt <austin.obyrne(a)hotmail.com> writes:

[...]

> Vector cryptography uses the entire three-dimensional space

No it doesn't.

[...]