From: jmcl4video on
On Nov 20, 5:24 pm, "TheSQLGuru" <kgbo...(a)earthlink.net> wrote:
> Correction - use 3 if the CPUs are really single core HTs.
>
> --
> Kevin G. Boles
> TheSQLGuru
> Indicium Resources, Inc.
>
> "TheSQLGuru" <kgbo...(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message

> > 1) Try without the ticks around the zero (i.e. let it be numeric not
> > string).
>
> > 2) try setting it to 7, which would be all 8 ACTUAL cpus in your 4 dual
> > core setup. set it to 4 if the cpus are really single core HT cpus and
> > you now have HT off.
>
> > 3) try doing reconfigure after each setting change (just reaching here :)
>
> > --
> > Kevin G. Boles
> > TheSQLGuru
> > Indicium Resources, Inc.
>
> > <jmcl4vi...(a)juno.com> wrote in message

> >> 1. They did turn off HT from the BIOS.
> >> 2. I am trying to set it back to the default, but keep getting the
> >> error "The affinity mask specified does not match the CPU mask on
> >> this
> >> system."- Hide quoted text -

Thanks. I tried with and without ticks, with 7 and 0, and individually
as well. No luck
From: Andrew J. Kelly on
I didn't see the rest of your original post since it appeared after your
signature. But you should be able to set it back to the SQL Server default
by running this:

sp_configure 'affinity mask', 0x00000000

Although I think 0 should have worked as well. If that doesn't work you
might try turning HT back on and trying to reset it then turn them back off.

--
Andrew J. Kelly SQL MVP
Solid Quality Mentors