From: kenseto on
Properties of a preferred frame:
1. The speed of light is isotropic.
2. The speed one-way or two way speed of light is constant and it is
not distance dependent....even if it is measured using physical meter
stick.
3. A clock at rest in the preferred frame is the fastest running clock
in the universe....in other words, all the clocks moving with the
preferred clock are running slower.
4. The material length of a meter stick at rest in the preferred frame
is 1 meter long materially.
5. The material length of a meter stick moving wrt the perferred
frame is 1 meter long materially.
6. The light path length of a meter stick at rest in the preferred
frame is the same as its materially length ....in other words, 1 meter
long materially
7. The light path length of a meter stick moving wrt the preferred
frame is shorter than its material length.

Properties of an inertial frame:
1. The speed of light in any inertial frame is isotropic.
2. The actual measured value for the one-way or two-way speed of light
is not a constant c in any inertial frame. It is a distance dependent
quantity if length is measured using material meter stick.
3. An observed clock is predicted to run fast by a factor of gamma
or run slow by a factor of 1/gamma compared to the observer's clock.
4. The material length of the observer's meter stick 1 meter long
materially.
5. The material length of a meter stick moving wrt an observer is
also 1 meter long materially.
6. The light path length of the inertial observer's meter strick is
assumed to be its material length.
7. The light path length of a meter stick moving wrt the observer is
predicted to be shorter by a factor of (1/gamma) or longer by a factor
of (gamma) compared to the light path length of the observer's meter
stick which is assumed to be its material length.

http://www.modelmechanics.org/2008irt.dtg.pdf

Ken Seto
From: oriel36 on
On Jul 12, 9:10 pm, kenseto <kens...(a)erinet.com> wrote:

> 7. The light path length of a meter stick moving wrt the observer is
> predicted to be shorter by a factor of (1/gamma) or longer by a factor
> of (gamma) compared to  the light path length of the observer's meter
> stick which is assumed to be its material length.
>
> http://www.modelmechanics.org/2008irt.dtg.pdf
>
> Ken Seto

You know Ken,St Augustine had the same type of question when he took
the time out to consider stellar circumpolar motion or 'inertial
frames' of the fixed stars as it was once called -
,something like a pow
"Some of the brethren raise a question concerning the motion of
heaven, whether it is fixed or moved. If it is moved, they say, how
is
it a firmament? If it stands still, how do these stars which are held
fixed in it go round from east to west, the more northerly performing
shorter circuits near the pole, so that the heaven (if there is
another pole unknown to us) may seem to revolve upon some axis, or (if
there is no other pole) may be thought to move as a discus? To these
men I reply that it would require many subtle and profound reasonings
to find out which of these things is actually so;" St Augustine

The thing about this Ken is that they only began to use stellar
circumpolar descriptions of planetary motions when mechanical clocks
arrived on the scene and then they started to model the universe using
these timekeeping averages,something like a powdered wig version of
modelling climate with computers like they do today with the same
catastrophic consequences.

From: oriel36 on
On Jul 12, 9:10 pm, kenseto <kens...(a)erinet.com> wrote:
..
> 7. The light path length of a meter stick moving wrt the observer is
> predicted to be shorter by a factor of (1/gamma) or longer by a factor
> of (gamma) compared to  the light path length of the observer's meter
> stick which is assumed to be its material length.
>
> http://www.modelmechanics.org/2008irt.dtg.pdf
>
> Ken Seto

You know Ken,St Augustine had the same type of question when he took
the time out to consider stellar circumpolar motion or 'inertial
frames' of the fixed stars as it was once called -

"Some of the brethren raise a question concerning the motion of
heaven, whether it is fixed or moved. If it is moved, they say, how
is
it a firmament? If it stands still, how do these stars which are held
fixed in it go round from east to west, the more northerly performing
shorter circuits near the pole, so that the heaven (if there is
another pole unknown to us) may seem to revolve upon some axis, or (if
there is no other pole) may be thought to move as a discus? To these
men I reply that it would require many subtle and profound reasonings
to find out which of these things is actually so;" St Augustine

The thing about this Ken is that they only began to use stellar
circumpolar descriptions of planetary motions (inertial frame for both
absolute and relative motion) when mechanical clocks arrived on the
scene and then they started to model the universe using these
timekeeping averages,something like a powdered wig version of
modelling climate with computers like they do today with the same
catastrophic consequences.

Using the stellar circumpolar framework and scaffolding for relative/
Earth observations and absolute/hypothetical translations look like a
masterstroke if you know what you are looking at -

"PHÆNOMENON IV.
That the fixed stars being at rest, the periodic times of the five
primary planets, and (whether of the sun about the earth, or) of the
earth about the sun, are in the sesquiplicate proportion of their mean
distances from the sun." Isaac Newton

You just don't get people interested in what Isaac was actually doing
nowadays even though it is fascinating,in fact it is quite the
opposite,as long as Isaac exists as a prop for relativity that is all
that matters,in short,Isaac,although he started the process himself
became victim to the process.

From: eric gisse on
kenseto wrote:

[...yawn]

Are you at all concerned with the fact you are getting more and more senile?