From: Martin v. Loewis on
Am 05.07.2010 22:30, schrieb D'Arcy J.M. Cain:
> On Mon, 05 Jul 2010 14:42:13 -0400
> Terry Reedy <tjreedy(a)udel.edu> wrote:
>> Good start. Now what is blocking those four?
>> Lack of developer interest/time/ability?
>> or something else that they need?
>
> How about a basic how-to document? I maintain PyGreSQL and would like
> to move it to 3.x right now but I don't even know what the issues are.
> I can see on the site the 2.x documents and the 3.x documents for
> extending with C modules and I can read both from end to end but that
> hits the time issue above. If there was a relatively simple document
> that showed what needed to be changed in the C code we could get
> started on the transition sooner.
>
> Or is there no change at the C level? That would make things easy.

If somebody would move that into a narrative form, I'd be happy to
list the changes I know of, and the approaches I took to make C modules
work on both 2.x and 3.x (actually, I did the port of psycopg2, so I
expect PyGreSQL might be similar).

However, I'm not willing to maintain such a document - I have too many
projects already, and English is not my native language.

Regards,
Martin

Pages: 1
Prev: vidio*****