From: Sue... on
On Dec 24, 6:02 am, Bryan Olson <fakeaddr...(a)nowhere.org> wrote:
> Sue... wrote:
> > Bryan Olson wrote:
> > [...]
> >> So retract all that nonsense you wrote about how we need
> >> to consider a bunch of different clock types, and even
> >> specific biological mechanisms. *All* temporal phenomena
> >> are similarly effected by relative inertial motion. Once
> >> again your references agrees with me and contradicts
> >> yourself.
>
> > Newton's ether is required to compute any effect.
>
> >    0 = 0
>
> > I only stated that a light_clock could detect motion
> > if it included a path through the dielectric of free space.
>
> The reference you offered for you light clock did not say
> anything about such a thing.
>
>    http://www.glenbrook.k12.il.us/gbssci/phys/Class/vectors/u3l1f.html
>

> And no, Sue, you did not only state that much. You were on
> about a bunch of different kinds of clocks.

Go save NASA's soul if you don't believe it.
http://funphysics.jpl.nasa.gov/technical/grp/sumo.html

> > (Doppler effect) Einstein says the same in his 1920 paper.
>
> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_space
> >http://www-ssg.sr.unh.edu/ism/what.html
>
> Once again Sue's links do not say what she says implies they do.

You can forget what I say if you like.
But don't mistate what the theory says.

> > That is not an inertial effect because light is massless and
> > it is not a violation of PoR as Fitzpartick explains:
>
> > <<...where  and  are physical constants which can be
> > evaluated by performing two simple experiments which
> > involve measuring the force of attraction between two
> > fixed changes and two fixed parallel current carrying
> > wires. According to the relativity principle these
> > experiments must yield the same values for  and  in
> > all inertial frames. Thus, the speed of light must
> > be the same in all inertial frames. >>
> >http://farside.ph.utexas.edu/teaching/jk1/lectures/node7.html
>
> So none of those can detect inertial motion of the
> experiment. Now where does he say that your mechanism can?

Go push your car if you want to detect inertial
coupling.

> >> Hey, I referenced university curricula just because you
> >> did, and I checked out the ones you chose to cite. I showed
> >> the very schools you named teach as science what you called
> >> myth. If you did not think what MIT teaches to be relevant,
> >> maybe *you* should not have brought it up.
>
> > There is plenty of old teaching material still using the
> > *twins paradox* and even Newton's corpuscular light.
>
> The quiz was from 2005. There's some more recent material too,
> but the quiz was a good example because it came with the
> answers.
>
> > You might inquire directly of the institutions why
> > Fitzpatrick's course differs from Guth's material with
> > regard to the twin's paradox.
>
> I found that already. Where Fitzpatrick teaches, it's covered
> in a different course.
>
> > Fitz's stuff is subject
> > to intense peer review because is it used both [...]
>
> One thing Fitzpatrick's stuff does not do, at least as far
> as you've been able to cite here, is side with your "twins
> myth" position.

Real experiment supports with my twins-myth position.

GPS and Pound-Rebka demonstrates that clocks
slow near a mass.

Einstein and Mach say gravity there causes inertia here.
http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/physics/laureates/1921/einstein-lecture.html

If you are traveling far from any mass,

half the masses that could slow your clock
are moving toward you;

half the masses that could slow your clock
are moving away from you;

Net change in the inertial field is 0.

(+1/2) + (-1/2) = 0

There is no inertial/gravitational force
that can alter an experiment. (Spatially or temporally)
http://www.mathpages.com/rr/s4-07/4-07.htm

That is consistiant with Einstein's *stronger*
interpretation of the Principle of Relativity

"ALL inertial frames are totally equivalent
for the performance of *ALL* physical experiments. "
[spatially and *temporally* as mathpages points out]
http://farside.ph.utexas.edu/teaching/jk1/lectures/node7.html

Sue...

From: Bryan Olson on
Sue... wrote:
> Bryan Olson wrote:
>> Sue... wrote:
>>> Newton's ether is required to compute any effect.
>>> 0 = 0
>>> I only stated that a light_clock could detect motion
>>> if it included a path through the dielectric of free space.

>> The reference you offered for you light clock did not say
>> anything about such a thing.
>>
>> http://www.glenbrook.k12.il.us/gbssci/phys/Class/vectors/u3l1f.html
>
>> And no, Sue, you did not only state that much. You were on
>> about a bunch of different kinds of clocks.
>
> Go save NASA's soul if you don't believe it.
> http://funphysics.jpl.nasa.gov/technical/grp/sumo.html

Near as I can tell, the test of relativity described there has
not yet run. You relativity-deniers might not want to get your
hopes up to high.

>>> (Doppler effect) Einstein says the same in his 1920 paper.
>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_space
>>> http://www-ssg.sr.unh.edu/ism/what.html
>> Once again Sue's links do not say what she says implies they do.
>
> You can forget what I say if you like.
> But don't mistate what the theory says.

I'll go with Einstein on what the theory says.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twin_paradox

[...]
> Go push your car if you want to detect inertial
> coupling.

Let's try to stay on topic.

> Real experiment supports with my twins-myth position.
>
> GPS and Pound-Rebka demonstrates that clocks
> slow near a mass.

GPS also finds the SR effect at issue in this thread, and
Pound-Rebka at least does not refute it. No support for
your notion of the twins paradox being myth.

> Einstein and Mach say gravity there causes inertia here.
> http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/physics/laureates/1921/einstein-lecture.html

> If you are traveling far from any mass,
>
> half the masses that could slow your clock
> are moving toward you;
>
> half the masses that could slow your clock
> are moving away from you;

The twins setup is formulated so that the SR effect
dominates.

> Net change in the inertial field is 0.
>
> (+1/2) + (-1/2) = 0
>
> There is no inertial/gravitational force
> that can alter an experiment. (Spatially or temporally)
> http://www.mathpages.com/rr/s4-07/4-07.htm
>
> That is consistiant with Einstein's *stronger*
> interpretation of the Principle of Relativity
>
> "ALL inertial frames are totally equivalent
> for the performance of *ALL* physical experiments. "
> [spatially and *temporally* as mathpages points out]
> http://farside.ph.utexas.edu/teaching/jk1/lectures/node7.html

Thus inertial motion must effect a light clock and an atomic
clock identically; otherwise an experiment that compares
their rates would turn out differently when run in different
inertial frames.

--
--Bryan