From: Abba on
Hello,

We got the below error in our SQLServer and subsequently the ldf files for
msdb and Temdb got corrupt. Had to finally restart the SQL service. Has
anyone encountered this error?

"LogWriter: Operating system error 1784(The supplied user buffer is not
valid for the requested operation.) encountered."

TIA,

Abba

From: Abba on
We troubleshooted this. For those interested, read on...

15 minutes before this error, it failed to take a snapshot of the server
because it timed out. On more Research, we found out this is a known issue
with Independent disks and VCB. We ensured that the issue does not occur by
disabling the VCB backups until we find a permanent resolution.