From: James on
I am having the same problem. Dell laptop using docking station and have replaced the keyboard (not wireless) Any help would be appreciated because it is so random it is hard to find.

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/The-undo-function-occurs-randomly-on-various-MS-products
From: Pegasus [MVP] on

"James" <user(a)msgroups.net/> wrote in message
> I am having the same problem. Dell laptop using docking station and have
> replaced the keyboard (not wireless) Any help would be appreciated
> because it is so random it is hard to find.
>
> ---
> frmsrcurl:
> http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/The-undo-function-occurs-randomly-on-various-MS-products

The author of the thread you quote appears to think that he invoked "undo"
but he most probably hit Ctrl+A (=select all) instead of Shift+A, then some
other letter, thus causing his text to disappear. You are probably subject
to the same phenomenon. In some applications (e.g. MS Word), Ctrl+Z would
actually fix the wrong keystroke. Other applications (e.g. Outlook) are less
forgiving unless you press Ctrl+Z immediately.

From: Pete on
James - this is not the case. I suffer from the same problem. The problem occurs when there is no input being typed on any sort of keyboard attached to my dell laptop (running XP SP3 and Office 2003). Has anyone found a fix yet?

---