From: Michael Moser on
Today I got yet another of these dreaded "There has been a change on your
device that requires to resync all data..." %$@#!&!

It does that about once per week to me and after that ActiveSync and now
Windows Mobile Device Center always needs to spend at least 30-40 minutes to
resync all data from my laptop to my mobile again. And not only does this
procedure take a lot of time (which is most annoying if one was about to
leave the desk and then has to hit the road with an essentially empty and
thus almost useless device), it also comes with all kind of additional
annoyances (like lost favorites, lost short dial numbers, etc.).

I have been using Windows CE and it ever renamed successors now since
version 2 and in all these (15?) years and versions MS was unable to get
device synchronization reliably working! I find it quite understandable (and
"well" deserved!) that Windows Mobile is rapidly tumbling into irrelevance
and I am also seriously considering to give this platform a shoe...

Michael