From: Axel on
Hi all,

I have a problem with creating a three-column layout with the left and
right column being the borders of a frame-like design.

I've created the layout according to
http://www.neuroticweb.com/recursos/3-columns-layout/.

The problem is that in my design the left and right columns do not
stretch to the whole height of the center column.

I can set their height with css height but that does not solve the
problem of the left and right border dynamically adjusting to the height
of the center column. It only allows setting fixed height which wont
work because the center column changes in height.

Please see here: http://mooselook.de/projects/mietnummer/

I appreciate any help on this. As usual I suppose I'm overseeing
something and the solution is quite easy ;-)

I've searched the web.

Thanks,
Axel
From: Call Me Tom on
On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 16:19:26 +0200, Axel <news(a)nospam.invalid> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I have a problem with creating a three-column layout with the left and
>right column being the borders of a frame-like design.
>
>I've created the layout according to
>http://www.neuroticweb.com/recursos/3-columns-layout/.
>
>The problem is that in my design the left and right columns do not
>stretch to the whole height of the center column.

Take a look at
http://matthewjamestaylor.com/blog/ultimate-3-column-holy-grail-ems.htm

Tom
From: BootNic on
On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 16:19:26 +0200
Axel <news(a)nospam.invalid> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a problem with creating a three-column layout with the left
> and right column being the borders of a frame-like design.
>
> I've created the layout according to
> http://www.neuroticweb.com/recursos/3-columns-layout/.

Just to decorate a page a 3 column layout seems a bit extreme.

> The problem is that in my design the left and right columns do not
> stretch to the whole height of the center column.
>
> I can set their height with css height but that does not solve the
> problem of the left and right border dynamically adjusting to the
> height of the center column. It only allows setting fixed height
> which wont work because the center column changes in height.
>
> Please see here: http://mooselook.de/projects/mietnummer/
>
> I appreciate any help on this. As usual I suppose I'm overseeing
> something and the solution is quite easy ;-)
>
> I've searched the web.

A contemporary example using :before & :after that demonstrates an image
on the left & right:

[url] http://bootnic.bounceme.net/leftRightImage.php [/url]

How it may be applied to the example provided:

[url] http://bootnicredirect.bounceme.net/ex0006 [/url]

For the sake of legacy:

[url] http://bootnicredirect.bounceme.net/ex0007 [/url]

--
BootNic Thu Jul 15, 2010 02:39 pm
All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the
From: BootNic on
On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 14:39:41 -0400
BootNic <bootnic.bounce(a)gmail.com> wrote:

[snip]

> A contemporary example using :before & :after that demonstrates an
> image on the left & right:
>
> [url] http://bootnic.bounceme.net/leftRightImage.php [/url]
>
> How it may be applied to the example provided:
>
> [url] http://bootnicredirect.bounceme.net/ex0006 [/url]

Updated example. Don't know why I did not think to move the header and
footer images to css to start with.

[url] http://bootnicredirect.bounceme.net/ex0008 [/url]

> For the sake of legacy:
>
> [url] http://bootnicredirect.bounceme.net/ex0007 [/url]

--
BootNic Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:35 pm
"Do not trust your memory; it is a net full of holes; the most