From: Dragon on
Thank you Uri. I will take a look at the link.

From: Tibor Karaszi on
None of the commands I suggested reports open transactions. I suggested checking used space for the
log area and also that manually running the CHECKPINT command might clear things up (and if that is
the case you want to Google and possibly apply a CU/hotfix).

--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp

From: Dragon on
Sorry Tibor. I was replying to the earlier post and I guess I mixed the
names and didn't see your names.

Anyway,
I have confirmed that checkpoint does bring the used log file to the start.
I shrunk the DB and let it auto grow by 10MB to make sure I can keep and eye
on it and by running CheckPoint I saw that I wsa able to keep the file size
from growning.

I will goodle for Checkpoint hotfix.

Thanks.

"Tibor Karaszi" <tibor_please.no.email_karaszi(a)hotmail.nomail.com> wrote in
message news:%23kXtVYzFJHA.768(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...

From: Tibor Karaszi on
Cool, seems you have found the issue. I vaguely recall this problem and there's a hotfix available.
Hopefully you'll find such.

From: Dragon on
Yes Tibor I got it. Thank you for help.

Until we apply the hotfix, I created a SQL Job to simply run the checkpoint
every minute. It takes only 15ms and keeps my TempDB happy. Server resources
are not taxed anyway.

"Tibor Karaszi" <tibor_please.no.email_karaszi(a)hotmail.nomail.com> wrote in
message news:ezUlU49FJHA.2112(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...