From: Stuart on
Hi all,
If anyone can answer this one it would be much appreciated. I would like to
know if there is a way of scheduling a the wireless component of my modem
without shutting down the ADSL connection. I want to allow the gateway to
work but disable access to wireless connections to the internet.
Hope this isn't too vague, if more info is required please let me know.
Thanks
Stuart.

From: Mike S on
On 6/1/2010 1:07 AM, Stuart wrote:
> Hi all,
> If anyone can answer this one it would be much appreciated. I would like
> to know if there is a way of scheduling a the wireless component of my
> modem without shutting down the ADSL connection. I want to allow the
> gateway to work but disable access to wireless connections to the internet.
> Hope this isn't too vague, if more info is required please let me know.
> Thanks
> Stuart.

Are you using XP? If so, establish a wireless connection then try this
command and see if this stops it:

net stop wzswsc

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms706593%28VS.85%29.aspx

If that stops the wireless connection then you might consider running
the command as a scheduled task, maybe using a batch file.

If that sounds interesting, first create the batch file in a text
editor, just write the command on the first line with no spaces or
characters before or after it,

net stop wzswsc

Then save the file with a .bat file extension, e.g. nomorewifi.bat

Establish a wifi connection then run the batch file by double-clicking
on it, if it kills the connection then make a scheduled task, I found
these instructions:

Task -> Actions -> Edit

Try

Cmd /c C:\pathtofile\nomorewifi.bat

/c = carry out command and then terminate

1. cmd /c "name of batch file" (without quotas)
2. run as group "administrators"

If the pathtobatchfile contains spaces I'd try enclosing the entire path
in quotes, e.g.

Cmd /c "C:\Program Files\My Scheduled Tasks\nomorewifi.bat"

http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/718783.htm

Does that work for you?
Mike

From: Stuart on
Thanks for the advice Mike,

I am using XP. I probably should have been clearer, my computer is connected
to the modem by cable, I want to be able to stop the modem from being used
wirelessly after a set time yet still be able to access the net on my
computer. I did try your suggestion but am guessing this bat file was meant
to be run on the pc using the wireless connection as it ran but didn't shut
anything down.

Stuart