From: Pradeep B on
Do we have a standard reference library for Tkinter available?

--
Pradeep
From: eb303 on
On May 29, 3:11 pm, Pradeep B <pradeepb...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Do we have a standard reference library for Tkinter available?
>
> --
> Pradeep

Short answer: no, at least not a complete one for Tkinter itself.

However, there is a complete reference for tcl/tk here: http://www.tcl.tk/man/tcl8.5/
Once you're used to converting tcl/tk's commands and options into
Tkinter classes and methods, it is the best one around.

If you really need Python/Tkinter syntax, there are some good
documents here:
http://www.tkdocs.com/widgets/index.html
http://effbot.org/tkinterbook/
But these are not complete or rather old. However, you can use them as
a starting point before diving into the tcl/tk reference above.

HTH
- Eric -
From: Pradeep B on
On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 2:46 PM, eb303 <eric.brunel.pragmadev(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 29, 3:11 pm, Pradeep B <pradeepb...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> Do we have a standard reference library for Tkinter available?
>>
>> --
>> Pradeep
>
> Short answer: no, at least not a complete one for Tkinter itself.
>
> However, there is a complete reference for tcl/tk here: http://www.tcl.tk/man/tcl8.5/
> Once you're used to converting tcl/tk's commands and options into
> Tkinter classes and methods, it is the best one around.
>
> If you really need Python/Tkinter syntax, there are some good
> documents here:
> http://www.tkdocs.com/widgets/index.html
> http://effbot.org/tkinterbook/
> But these are not complete or rather old. However, you can use them as
> a starting point before diving into the tcl/tk reference above.
>
> HTH
>  - Eric -

I think, generating it using the 'pydoc' seems to be much better.
-pradeep

--

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|